• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I think the Heat's the best value. I like them coming out of the East (as things stand now).

The Bucks +700 is where I'd be putting my money

The Kyrie, Harden, and Simmons extended dramas have reached "Yawn...wake me up when they do a deal" status.
So much this.

Windhorst: "The sides are definitely communicating and definitely making progress."

Woj: "Right now, there's no negotiation going on between Brooklyn and Philadelphia. The idea that they're going back and forth as surmised by some ... I don't believe that to be accurate."

Just comical.

If Harden has checked out on the Nets and is just going through the motions, no telling how long it will take for his "tight" hamstring to heal. If he gets traded to a team he wants to be on, I could see the new team's training staff being miracle workers and cure the bad hammy in a day or two.

Westbrook isn't a good fit for the Lakers.

Harden went to Brooklyn to play with KD and Kyrie. Instead he's playing with Patty Mills, David Duke, Jr., and whatever is left of Blake Griffin.

The Kyrie, Harden, and Simmons extended dramas have reached "Yawn...wake me up when they do a deal" status.

Blazers-Jazz-Spurs 3-way

Blazers give Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Tomas Satoransky from yesterday's CJ deal
Jazz give Joe Ingles and two 2nd round picks
Spurs give Juancho Hernangomez from the Bryn Forbes trade

Blazers get Joe Ingles, Elijah Hughes, Jazz 2nd round pick
Jazz get Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Juancho Hernangomez
Spurs get Tomas Satoransky and Jazz 2nd round pick

Looks like a solid move all around. The Blazers get a pick and Ingles' expiring deal. The Jazz get a bench scorer. The Spurs get an expiring contract and a pick.

so CJ for Ingles (out for the year), Hart, "Louzada," "Hughes," and a pick so protected that it'll almost certainly be a 2023 first?

solid move for the Blazers? lol

lol NAW is shooting 37.5% from the field and Juancho is shooting 21% (!)

Harden has now effort-tanked for 2 teams. I wouldn't have that guy anywhere near my roster.

Not to mention he's starting to show signs of being banged up at 33, although that could just be part of his tanking. The Sixers would be crazy to trade Simmons for Harden in some deal because you can't trust Harden to fucking try if Embiid were to get lost for the season or he loses interest for any other reasons. And for that matter, the hell with Simmons and his attitude too. Morey shouldn't want anywhere near an attitude like those 2 guys have ever again.

Harden has now effort-tanked for 2 teams. I wouldn't have that guy anywhere near my roster.

Not to mention he's starting to show signs of being banged up at 33, although that could just be part of his tanking. The Sixers would be crazy to trade Simmons for Harden in some deal because you can't trust Harden to fucking try if Embiid were to get lost for the season or he loses interest for any other reasons. And for that matter, the hell with Simmons and his attitude too. Morey shouldn't want anywhere near an attitude like those 2 guys have ever again.

That's where I am. Any team with Harden on the roster is automatically excluded as a NBA title possibility. He has always found a way to lose in the playoffs, and he far less effective now than he has ever been. I love Durant (who is always injured now), but whatever team that Harden is on will fold when the game gets most intense. Realize Kyrie can be spectacular, and he deserves much of the credit for the LeBron's one title in Cleveland, but he's mentally ill now. On top of those two clowns, Steve Nash seems more of an enabler than a basketball coach. Alondes and his minions can pull this post up in late June when the Nets sweep the Lakers in the NBA finals, but there are 10 teams that I perceive as more likely to win an NBA title this year than the Nets. Love that the Nets are still favored as it creates value for everyone else.

Last edited:

There is always somebody who thinks they can get full on effort from a guy who doesn't give the effort for somebody else.

Harden's contract only has one more season after the current one, and that is a player option. Trading Simmons for Harden gets the 76ers out of salary cap trouble as early as the end of this season (player option for 22-23), but certainly before the 23-24, not 25-26. However, the hit is $11 million worse this season and potentially $12 million the year after if Harden doesn't opt out.

I would just about bet my life that the Sixers wouldn't be any better with Harden than they are right now without Simmons in terms of wins and postseason success. I don't think Harden makes for winning basketball. I'm just not a Harden guy.

Yeah, I am not sure for that reason I have understood Morey's fascination with Harden or getting a top __ player for Simmons. There are plenty of guys around the league who arent top 20 guys who could help the Sixers now. And if I am Embiid I would hate to tie my rope to Harden.

i'm not sure i agree with these takes

has Harden ever shared responsibilities with a MVP-caliber big man?

Dwight was a black hole and Capela couldn't be expected to do his own thing

How would Embiid and Harden effectively decide who is going to flop on a given play? Do they just alternate or is it rock paper scissors between every defensive possession?

Yea you guys are insane. Harden and Embiid is a title winning team.

So much this.

Windhorst: "The sides are definitely communicating and definitely making progress."

Woj: "Right now, there's no negotiation going on between Brooklyn and Philadelphia. The idea that they're going back and forth as surmised by some ... I don't believe that to be accurate."

Just comical.

Woj just put the smackdown on fatty scoops

Giannis earns his 14 trips a game to the line.

Complaining about the refs is some 8 seed shit.

Back