Page 34 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 3519

Thread: 2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

  1. #661
    Curious to see what happens tonight at VT. They seem to just be awful and at the same time Miami seems legit. The analytics say VT is a better team and thus are 5 point favorites tonight. Numbers vs eyes

  2. #662
    Mack is now out at Louvul. What a quick downward spiral that was. Anyone know what happened there?

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by daaberry View Post
    Curious to see what happens tonight at VT. They seem to just be awful and at the same time Miami seems legit. The analytics say VT is a better team and thus are 5 point favorites tonight. Numbers vs eyes
    VT's power rating is out of whack because they blew out a bunch of decent OOC opponents including an 86-49 win over St. Bonaventure who is near the top of the Atlantic 10. As a result, they have been favored in almost ACC game, and they have lost most of them. Agree that its beyond weird that Miami is 6-2, on top of the ACC with two 1 point losses to FSU, and VT is 2-6 in the ACC with two narrow wins over middling NC State and Notre Dame, and VT is a 5 point favorite. Still hard for me to trust Miami, they were a below average offensive team in OOC games, but they have been the best offensive team in ACC conference games, including shooting an unsustainable 41% from 3.

  4. #664
    VT blew out *1* decent OOC opponent; they also beat Maryland by 4

    Their only other top 200 OOC win is over #148 Navy (KP would value Navy as a 1-point neutral court favorite over Oregon State)

  5. #665
    I won't call Miami's shooting unsustainable until it slips. Wong is extremely accurate and very good at getting open looks from 3. Miami runs its offense to get those good looks for its shooters.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    VT's power rating is out of whack because they blew out a bunch of decent OOC opponents including an 86-49 win over St. Bonaventure who is near the top of the Atlantic 10. As a result, they have been favored in almost ACC game, and they have lost most of them. Agree that its beyond weird that Miami is 6-2, on top of the ACC with two 1 point losses to FSU, and VT is 2-6 in the ACC with two narrow wins over middling NC State and Notre Dame, and VT is a 5 point favorite. Still hard for me to trust Miami, they were a below average offensive team in OOC games, but they have been the best offensive team in ACC conference games, including shooting an unsustainable 41% from 3.
    Didn't Miami start with 5 home ACC games?

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Deac83 View Post
    Didn't Miami start with 5 home ACC games?
    Miami started with 4 home games and then won at Cameron.

    Wong is shooting 40% from 3 in ACC games, and 27% on OOC games. PG Charlie Moore is shooting 46% from 3 in ACC games, and 33% in OOC games; F Jordan Miller is shooting 44% from 3 in ACC games, and 18% in OOC games. Maybe it took 6 weeks for Miami to find their stroke, but guessing some regression is coming.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Auburn has ascended to #1. Believe its the first time in school history. Bruce Pearl is shady, but credit to him for succeeding at a program with no basketball tradition outside of Barclay and Chuck Person.

    Deep connections between Forbes and Bruce Pearl. I assume that they are still close, but not sure after the NCAA essentially caused every coach in that program to fend for themselves and rebuild his career.


    Also, "The Big Ten and Big East have five ranked teams apiece, followed by the SEC and Big 12 with four each. The Pac-12 has three and the ACC, American Athletic, West Coast and Atlantic 10 each have one." Barf.
    If I recall correctly, Auburn, led by Marquis Daniels, knocked Wake out of the second round in 2003 for Josh Howard’s final game as a Deac…Then Josh and Marquis ended up on the Mavericks together for several seasons.
    Birds are real.

  9. #669
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,645
    Shocked that BC is giving UNC a game tonight after playing Saturday and then Monday @ Wake.

  10. #670
    Holy shit the CANES win!

    Banked in 45-footer at the buzzer!

  11. #671
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134,013
    Miami just won at VT on halfcourt shot by Charlie Moore.

  12. #672
    Half court buzzer beater bank shot. Holy shit.

  13. #673
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,645
    Miami is having a dream kind of season. Holy shit. VT blew that game.

  14. #674
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,645
    At 2-7 in the ACC, I think I’m finally ready to pronounce the Hokies dead.

  15. #675
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    DeacInVermont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    5,695
    Stupid Hokies doing their best to devalue our December road win.

  16. #676
    Miami shot 51% from 2, 61% from 3, 90% from the FT line

  17. #677
    Turrible final play from VT coming out of TO in a tie game - force an off-balance 3 with enough time for Miami to rebound and get a decent shot at the other end.

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    Miami shot 51% from 2, 61% from 3, 90% from the FT line
    Just saw this in the box score. 61% from 3 is reminiscent of our game against them. I hope they go ice cold from 3 when they come to W-S. Hard to beat a team if they’re hitting like that from deep

  19. #679
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134,013
    Last edited by PhDeac; 01-26-2022 at 10:12 PM.

  20. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacInVermont View Post
    Stupid Hokies doing their best to devalue our December road win.
    Yup. Glad we beat the shit out of them instead of like 5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •