• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs ranked 13th in Coaches Poll

Wake should be ahead of Iowa and Penn State on every ballot. Those teams are awful.

How can you say Iowa and Penn State are awful? Iowa beat Penn State! And Penn State only lost to Iowa by 3! #collegefootballlogic

And Wake’s win over a good Army team on the road was a lot more impressive than Cincinnati nearly shitting the bed on the road against a bad Navy team.

Cincy’s 27 points against Navy is the second lowest total of the year against them. Cincinnati was losing for most of the first half and took the lead on a field goal on the last play of the half after blocking a Navy field goal try and returning it to the Navy 34.

How can you say Iowa and Penn State are awful? Iowa beat Penn State! And Penn State only lost to Iowa by 3! #collegefootballlogic

I watched the Iowa-Purdue game and saw part of the Penn State-Illinois game. You understand that when two awful teams play, one of them wins.

These polls don't matter. Win Duke and UNC and we'll be in the playoff discussion for the real poll, waiting on how we do with State and Clemson. #Crazy Talk.

I watched the Iowa-Purdue game and saw part of the Penn State-Illinois game. You understand that when two awful teams play, one of them wins.

Yeah. That was the joke, dumbass.

College football logic sets up some teams as tent poles whether they deserve it or not. The foundation for each season is confirmation bias.

On an unrelated note, I ran into a Clemson fan in the grocery store who saw my Wake T-shirt and he said he's pulling for us to go undefeated.

If we are to have a let down game, let it be the Duke game. I think we can still win that kind of a game with Duke. I am not trying to look too far ahead but I think it is great that UNC plays ND this weekend. ND plays very physical and should beat up the heels pretty well right before we play them. I like teams that are tenderized right before we play them.

The coaches dropped OU for barely beating Kansas and moved Cincy up for barely beating Navy.

Coastal and State are still ranked. Not much to choose from among others receiving votes. Louisiana is next up despite barely beating Arkansas State.

I think the Navy close score was mostly Fluky, whereas OU got blanked in the first half.

And Wake’s win over a good Army team on the road was a lot more impressive than Cincinnati nearly shitting the bed on the road against a bad Navy team.

Cincy’s 27 points against Navy is the second lowest total of the year against them. Cincinnati was losing for most of the first half and took the lead on a field goal on the last play of the half after blocking a Navy field goal try and returning it to the Navy 34.

Yet State loses by one at Miami and drops 7 plus spots out of the top 25.

You just have to win. Force the selection committee to omit a 13-0 undefeated ACC Champ. Of course, we can always just say we identify as NCAA champs like UCF did.

What I find very interesting is comparing us and Oklahoma. Yea, our defense has been extremely suspect the past few weeks but Oklahoma (currently #4) has eeked by Kansas and Tulane in addition to close games with Nebraska, Texas and West Virginia. Our drubbing of UVA @UVA is more impressive than any of their wins, but we're 9 spots behind them in the polls. Like the above post says though....if we can manage to go 13-0 I don't think it'll matter.

This. Keep winning and it won't matter.

Just beat Duke. No speculation, no overlooking them. They will be trying to ruin our season. Bring it Deacs !

If we are to have a let down game, let it be the Duke game. I think we can still win that kind of a game with Duke. I am not trying to look too far ahead but I think it is great that UNC plays ND this weekend. ND plays very physical and should beat up the heels pretty well right before we play them. I like teams that are tenderized right before we play them.

This should be the makeup of a team that stays really focused and dialed in. Tons of experience across the board and lots of these players have experienced success with multiple bowl seasons. I don’t expect us to win out but we certainly are capable of beating all of the remaining teams on our schedule.

Just beat Duke. No speculation, no overlooking them. They will be trying to ruin our season. Bring it Deacs !

Yeah and UVA beat them 48-0 so the bar is set pretty high!

Wake Forest has played 9 games in its history as a Top 15 (or better) AP-ranked team.

WF is 2-7 in those games, with road wins at George Washington in 1947 and at Chattanooga in 1946

WF is 0-3 against Duke as a Top 15 team, with road losses in 1944, 1946 (the week after beating Chattanooga), and a home loss in 1947 (the week after beating George Washington)

other losses as a top 15 team: 2006 VT and Louisville; 1979 at Clemson; 1947 at William and Mary (the week after one of those Duke losses)

Obviously it time for PAYBACK at dook

On an unrelated note, I ran into a Clemson fan in the grocery store who saw my Wake T-shirt and he said he's pulling for us to go undefeated.

Clemson fans in general are noticing the WFU t-shirts.

Our Marketing Department should be handing those suckers out for FREE at the Duke game.

Back