• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

This game has a similar intro to the UNC game: on the road, dogs, top 10 ranking, vs a highly talented under performing conference rival...

But the way i feel going into this one vs. Carolina are night and day. My stomach was in knots the whole week leading up to the game in Chapel Hill and i just knew it was going to be an uncomfortable game the whole 60 minutes.

This feels different. We roll.

Go Deacs.

This is where I have been all week, then I watched Clawson's press conference.

They haven't lost at home since 2016...we haven't won there since 1998.

They only allow 15 pts. per game.

It took 3-4 games before they allowed a touchdown.

We will get some guys back, but will not get back (injuries) other guys...

I need to remember not to watch Clawson's press conferences...

I would feel much better about this game if I knew: (1) we were getting either Roberson or Williams back at WR and (2) we were getting either Carson or Greer back.

Reading tea leaves, we will most likely be as banged up as we've been all season. Our underrated backups versus clemson's 4 and 5 star backups will be.... interesting to watch.

let's not lose track of the fact that clemson's offense is just a high school all-star team at this point.

I would feel much better about this game if I knew: (1) we were getting either Roberson or Williams back at WR and (2) we were getting either Carson or Greer back.

I think #2 is way more important than #1. Morin is fine in the slot, and Banks/Stewart can perform at a similar level to Morin on the outside. The dropoff from Carson/Holmes to Zion Keith/JJ Roberts is way bigger

Has anyone watched Clemson play enough to evaluate their offense? Shipley is back and has numbers that are essentially pretty good. DJ is terrible obviously and Ross is gone. So what are we looking at?

Is Clemson still doing that thing where they steal peoples signals, or is that figured out and why they relatively suck this year in comparison.

Has anyone watched Clemson play enough to evaluate their offense? Shipley is back and has numbers that are essentially pretty good. DJ is terrible obviously and Ross is gone. So what are we looking at?

I think Clemson can be similar to State's offense. We should be fine if we clamp down on the run like we did with them. Clemson has enough talent in the passing game. DJ thinks too much but even when he puts the ball on the money his all star receivers have dropped it. They just can't put it together. I've been waiting for it to click with them but I just don't know if it is going to happen this year.

Reactions: WRS
they still do that and their defense is top 10 in the country

In the first half I would have a sub ready after every single play to run the play into the team for a soft huddle. Then switch to signals in the second half. Less time for them to crack the code.

In the first half I would have a sub ready after every single play to run the play into the team for a soft huddle. Then switch to signals in the second half. Less time for them to crack the code.

You would change the entire offense (rapid pace hurry up to constant substitutions) in order to combat Clemson potentially stealing signs? Seems like an extreme solution to the potential problem

You would change the entire offense (rapid pace hurry up to constant substitutions) in order to combat Clemson potentially stealing signs? Seems like an extreme solution to the potential problem

Well, it's exactly what tOSU, who runs a similarly fast-paced offense, did last year against Clemson in the CFP. Worked out pretty well for them

Well, it's exactly what tOSU, who runs a similarly fast-paced offense, did last year against Clemson in the CFP. Worked out pretty well for them

In 2021, Wake is running 79.8 plays per game (#8 in FBS) compared to Ohio State running 69.4 plays per game (#78 in FBS). In 2020, Wake ran 81.2 plays per game compared to 73.9 for Ohio State.

I guess you could say it's less for Ohio State since they play B10 defenses, but it still seems clear the up tempo play style is a much much bigger part of Wake's gameplan than Ohio State's

I think Clemson can be similar to State's offense. We should be fine if we clamp down on the run like we did with them. Clemson has enough talent in the passing game. DJ thinks too much but even when he puts the ball on the money his all star receivers have dropped it. They just can't put it together. I've been waiting for it to click with them but I just don't know if it is going to happen this year.

Thanks for the insight.

If you throw in all the metrics, NC State defense ranked 20. Clemson ranked 18. It's not like their D is uber elite at this point. They showed on Georgia with a full team. Things have changed since then. Granted we are injured too.

I think #2 is way more important than #1. Morin is fine in the slot, and Banks/Stewart can perform at a similar level to Morin on the outside. The dropoff from Carson/Holmes to Zion Keith/JJ Roberts is way bigger

imo most overlooked / underrated deac this year is donald stewart -- feels like it's a reception every time we throw it his way. i don't think he's the fastest, but would not surprise me to see him play and make catches in the nfl.

imo most overlooked / underrated deac this year is donald stewart -- feels like it's a reception every time we throw it his way. i don't think he's the fastest, but would not surprise me to see him play and make catches in the nfl.

He could be a great possession guy at next level

Back