• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got another truth bomb for y'all I'm sure you'll enjoy. I drink fairly regularly, but I ordinarily don't want the beer/wine in the house cause then by default I'll prolly drink it. So whenever I want to drink (which is more nights than not) I'll just have wine/beer delivered to me one bottle at a time. So most nights I'm drinking I'm dropping $25 for an $8 bottle of wine. So on an average night, I'm getting 2 deliveries of food/wine per day.

this is absolutely wild to me. is there nowhere close to walk to grab a bottle? then you earn it by burning those calories. double win.

Alright CT brethren, heading out to pick up my dogs and spend some quality time with the in laws. Taking the Series 7 exam tomorrow so going to do my best not to procrastinate on here until after that’s behind me.

after all the posts yesterday about awful in-laws, good luck! & on the exam!

this is absolutely wild to me. is there nowhere close to walk to grab a bottle? then you earn it by burning those calories. double win.

There is Wednesday-Saturday. But it's the wine bar downstairs in my apt complex and I tip him there too so it's still $20 if I do that, and he closes up early and at strange times cause he's not busy. The liquor store down the street closes at dark. I'm in a really underdeveloped area of LA that's just now getting developed.

after all the posts yesterday about awful in-laws, good luck! & on the exam!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. My in laws are largely good people but typical upstate NY white trash types.

So this overspending is a way to control your drinking habits then? Cause otherwise, my guy, they sell wine by the case. You’re in a pretty good state for it.

I jumped in on a toe-tap drill with our receivers today and add that to the list of things in sports that are so much more difficult than they look on tv.

I got another truth bomb for y'all I'm sure you'll enjoy. I drink fairly regularly, but I ordinarily don't want the beer/wine in the house cause then by default I'll prolly drink it. So whenever I want to drink (which is more nights than not) I'll just have wine/beer delivered to me one bottle at a time. So most nights I'm drinking I'm dropping $25 for an $8 bottle of wine. So on an average night, I'm getting 2 deliveries of food/wine per day.

can you not walk to the store?

I think I can walk to three places within half a mile or so that sell wine

I can related to trying to keep [alcohol/junk food] out of the house because I don't have much self discipline once it crosses into the home

At home winemaking seems like a Palma thing, not like the good kind more the hey come back here I have this wine you have to try as he scoops it out of a blue igloo cooler.

So this overspending is a way to control your drinking habits then? Cause otherwise, my guy, they sell wine by the case. You’re in a pretty good state for it.

Pretty much. Like I signed up for the Tobin James wine club when I visited there about 6 months back and it got delivered the other day. Just drank a bottle a night till it was gone. Also will tend to open up a 2nd bottle if I had a case lying around.

Pretty much. Like I signed up for the Tobin James wine club when I visited there about 6 months back and it got delivered the other day. Just drank a bottle a night till it was gone. Also will tend to open up a 2nd bottle if I had a case lying around.

In other words, you have a binge drinking problem like the rest of us.

Having a toddler that keeps you constantly sick is one way to curb your drinking

key is to keep buying (so the collection grows faster than you drink it) and to give yourself small pours so 4 glasses is only half a bottle

Like, I get that 8 million seems like a lot, but it's really not 90s money anymore. You're living in a gated community in Pinehurst or something, playing some golf. But you're not fucking a different 22 year old Brazilian model every weekend (the true measure of wealth).

For me to not worry about it, I think I'd have to have something north of 4 million, with at least a million of that in liquid assets. A million bucks just ain't what it used to be. Even two million, you're in danger if there's a crash and you're over-extended in a certain investment.

Yeah at your age factoring inflation and risk of poor sequence of returns over that timeframe even if you had 4 mil today you still need to be careful to have it go the rest of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back