• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 7: LSU Tigers - Saturday 7 pm CBS Sports Network

You have to find a way to win the game you’re in.

LSU is talented and frustrating as hell to play against. Our guys kept their cool (overtly) but their frustrations contributed to a lot of the missed jump shots, probably.

I think our guys never quit. And we didn’t have nearly as many utter lapses on defense tonight as last night. Just needed to move without the ball on offense and hit the open man (and shot).

And a more tightly called game would’ve helped.

Last edited:
Disappointed in the way Will Wade coaches his team. They could be really good if they didn’t have a goon would couldn’t control his team. So undisciplined and emotional. Looked like a bunch of middle schoolers yelling and crying about dumb shit. That stuff will cost them eventually!

Game would have been much different if the guys had any legs. Lost that last night in the OT win.

I didn't see this game but only heard the radio broadcast. I know that these back to back games in holiday tournaments leave little time for preparation. All that being said, it sounded as if Wake was totally unprepared to face a Will Wade-coached team, and that concerns me. I haven't read this thread as of yet, so I hope that someone gives me a possible explanation for how this could occur.

Wake absorbs an old fashioned butt whuppin. LSU just too quick, too fast and too talented. Deacs commit 22 turnovers and 14 were steals. Deacs couldn't buy a basket away from the rim or the line. 31/24/83 % tells the story.

Laravia, Williams, Williamson and Walton competed but not always well. Stats for the rest of the team...6 points on 2-17 from the field and 2-10 from three, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 13 turnovers and 2 steals in 72 minutes.

Disappointed in the way Will Wade coaches his team. They could be really good if they didn’t have a goon would couldn’t control his team. So undisciplined and emotional. Looked like a bunch of middle schoolers yelling and crying about dumb shit. That stuff will cost them eventually!

But they kicker our ass tonight.

Didn't LSU have an OT game as well? They got a few more hours rest than us. Big whoop.

Exactly, I wished our big man acted like big man. I like our team, but it seems like they get "rooted" out of the middle. Laravia has the best moves down low and needs to teach that God given talent to the other bigs. When the shots are not falling from deep, you got to have a big-man to quite the noise and handle business down low. Maybe we just really don't have that.

Laravia, Williams, Williamson and Walton competed but not always well. Stats for the rest of the team...6 points on 2-17 from the field and 2-10 from three, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 13 turnovers and 2 steals in 72 minutes.

Second night in a row.

Wake absorbs an old fashioned butt whuppin. LSU just too quick, too fast and too talented. Deacs commit 22 turnovers and 14 were steals. Deacs couldn't buy a basket away from the rim or the line. 31/24/83 % tells the story.

Mucius with 8 misses and 4 from 3. He is doing that most games outside a couple and he has to learn when he misses first 2 or 3 that he looks to set up others. He seems to be an on or off guy.

A couple of late comments, as I watched the game on a ~30 min delay.

Forbes talks about having an identity. Say what you want about LSU, but they have an identity. They play physical and aggressive and leave it up to the refs to call the fouls. Wade clearly recruits a certain kind of player and has success with it.

Having said that, Wade has the cold, dead eyes of a pedophile. And the physique of a guy you’d expect to see managing a Subway in Baton Rouge. I’ll be rooting against LSU the rest of the season and I hope Wade is sanctioned sooner than later.

Back