• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Coach arms race will it reignite realignment ....

socaldeac

Reaction score
With Kelly and Lincoln Riley leaving good gigs for truck loads of money. How much will Dabo want? It seems schools will need boat loads of money. It will be interesting if schools like Clemson will feel the pressure to pursue the SEC again...

I’m still more concerned over Josh Gattis maybe going to Duke and having to try to like them.

More like will ND rethink their antiquated independent BS.

More like will ND rethink their antiquated independent BS.

Yeah. 10-1 ND was #6 in the CFP. 11-1 ND could possible jump to #5 tomorrow with Ohio State's loss. They could definitely get to #4 if UGA wins. Yet their coach just left for LSU.

Jim Phillips needs to figure out how to leverage this into ND joining the ACC and ditching divisions for 3 rivals.

I’m still more concerned over Josh Gattis maybe going to Duke and having to try to like them.

I’m sure Josh knows he’s not going to win at Duke when he can get a coaching job at a lesser conference and build a program.

Yeah. 10-1 ND was #6 in the CFP. 11-1 ND could possible jump to #5 tomorrow with Ohio State's loss. They could definitely get to #4 if UGA wins. Yet their coach just left for LSU.

Jim Phillips needs to figure out how to leverage this into ND joining the ACC and ditching divisions for 3 rivals.

We already screwed that up last year with not forcing them to join. Hope Phillips doesn’t blow this opportunity.

I’m sure Josh knows he’s not going to win at Duke when he can get a coaching job at a lesser conference and build a program.

I hope so. He’s from Durham, but he grew up a Carolina fan.

The money is so big with college coaches I think NFL coaches might sign up for a 10 year deal. How about Mike T, Bill B, Urban M to college programs.

Tomlin is an NFL guy. It’s more likely Rhule leaves and Tomlin replaces him.

Don’t be surprised if you start to hear Josh Gattis to Louisiana Lafayette

The money is so big with college coaches I think NFL coaches might sign up for a 10 year deal. How about Mike T, Bill B, Urban M to college programs.

Most pro coaches have very little time or energy for trying to manipulate teenagers into making decisions.

Frankly, ND in the BIG Ten is not an easy route. They would go into the West and have to fight it out with Iowa and Wisconsin and then get to face Michigan and Ohio State from the East.

Anyone feeling Urban M to ND?

th14.jpg

Last edited:
Frankly, ND in the BIG Ten is not an easy route. They would go into the West and have to fight it out with Iowa and Wisconsin and then get to face Michigan and Ohio State from the East.

Those teams suck.

I'm not sure that adding Notre Dame creates enough additional value for the Big Ten to justify adding them - the conference already pays out $54.3M to each school compared to the $37M that the ACC pays out. The Big Ten would presumably want ND along with another school to maintain divisional balance, but who else would you poach that could cover that?

I'm not sure that adding Notre Dame creates enough additional value for the Big Ten to justify adding them - the conference already pays out $54.3M to each school compared to the $37M that the ACC pays out. The Big Ten would presumably want ND along with another school to maintain divisional balance, but who else would you poach that could cover that?

Virginia.

Back