• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Bringing the Heat

The Peach will be a top 10 vs. 11-13 matchup. That’s nothing unusual. After getting shit on all season, the ACC has four top 20 teams, as many as the Big Ten and more than the Pac-12 and Big 12.

And more top 20 than the almighty SEC.

I didn’t even check because I just assumed they had more.

just watched, impressed with the delivery.

clawsons press conferences are always worth watching

Just went back and watched the clip on Packer and Durham. He pretty much nailed it. And Packer nailed it with his commentary, too.

National sports media is just like all other types of national media. Full of agenda-driven dooshes whose opinions aren't worth the hot air they bellow out. The only reason we aren't "sexy" is because the talking heads are saying we aren't. Kirk and others like him are sell outs to the giant football factory colleges and conferences. They went to giant public schools and as we see every time we play (and beat) state, they start clamoring about seating capacity and small fan bases. So dumb. Kirk wears clown shoes. What of value does he really add to anything?

ZERO. And the fist bump afterwards as if he said something clever. Childish. Last time I checked, the fans don't play the game. Focus on the game, Herbie, which is what you're allegedly good at analyzing, although you're not.

Just went back and watched the clip on Packer and Durham. He pretty much nailed it. And Packer nailed it with his commentary, too.

When was it in the show or do you have the clip?

Herbstreit talking shit isn’t doing espn any favors either. You’d think they’d want their talking heads playing up a game that’s going to be on their network.

Agreed. I'm not sure Herbstreit is the sharpest knife in the drawer. Plus, he's both a Clemson and tOSU homer. In the investment world, analysts disclose if they own a stock before discussing it. Should be the same at ESPN. But will never happen.

Read a good suggestion on TOB. Someone suggested Wake marketing print 20,000 black T-Shirts for Saturday that read "All 6 Are Here!" in large gold lettering.

The Peach will be a top 10 vs. 11-13 matchup. That’s nothing unusual. After getting shit on all season, the ACC has four top 20 teams, as many as the Big Ten and more than the Pac-12 and Big 12.
More than the almighty SEC.

when you constantly get dissed because your name is Wake Forest it is a good idea to call it out. Clawson has arguably out performed the other state schools during his tenure and gets no respect.

ZERO. And the fist bump afterwards as if he said something clever. Childish. Last time I checked, the fans don't play the game. Focus on the game, Herbie, which is what you're allegedly good at analyzing, although you're not.

Right, it's nothing new. It's the joke that has been passed around our "rivals" message boards for decades. Clawson bringing it up, and talking about the Wake fan passion, just goes a long way in telling a different story. I only speak for myself, but I don't ever want Herbstreit to set foot on campus. He never hands out the snark for his favorite teams. Just to get chuckles and a fist bump, is a cheap shot. Herbstreit had a chance to hype up Wake all season - especially with this offense. But, he refused that opportunity, picking FSU, Syracuse, State, BC, Army......interrupting Reece Davis several times to talk about OSU......I am not sure I can love Clawson any more for bringing it up.

Okay young bucks. What is the avenue to torch Herbstreit via the internet. I know you can advise.

Packer called out herbstreet as noted.

Don't think that Wake will ever get an apology that Packer stated is due so :fu: herbstreet, espn and your crap gameday show.

Had a chance to listen this afternoon. Love Clawson just giving zero fucks. Division champs, contract extension, big money facilities. He’s about to flex on everyone.

Back