• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Turgeon & Maryland part ways; Danny Manning is interim coach

p impressive that 3 of you jumped in at the same time to add rutgers

which, when you think about it, might prove my original point....that maryland is completely forgettable. you haven't forgotten rutgers.

LOL wut???? This is a great fuck you to a school that jilted the ACC. Oh yeah? Well take 1 of the 2 worst coaches in ACC history and put him in charge of your most important sport!

LMAO

Text your friends in MD and NOVA and tell them...UMD is really dumb. What reference calls did they make before extending the Interim HC offer to Manning?

Ron Wellman?

Roy Williams?

The players will play hard, due to the circumstances, probably beat a decent Northwestern team, but by January/February, they will be getting BUSTED.

LMAO

Text your friends in MD and NOVA and tell them...UMD is really dumb. What reference calls did they make before extending the Interim HC offer to Manning?

Ron Wellman?

Roy Williams?

The players will play hard, due to the circumstances, probably beat a decent Northwestern team, but by January/February, they will be getting BUSTED.

Perhaps Carmelo Anthony put in a good word.

Had a Big 10 futures ticket on MD. Just lit it on fire.

MD was a preseason top 25 team. Their season ended on December 3.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahaha

Edit: not laughing at pilchard. Laughing at Maryland’s stupidity. Carry on.

At least it doesn't sound like I'm the only person who didn't realize he was even coaching at MD.

To the MD people rationalizing by saying that he is just an interim coach for this season - he shouldn't even be that. MD would probably get the same results if they just let their players run the team themselves.

losing to george mason was likely the last straw.

Well - I hope they don't play Houston Baptist later in the season...or Delaware State...or Gardner Webb...or Drake..or GA Southern...

Last edited:
Wait, Manning wasn't on the staff as an assistant before this, right? Or did I just completely miss that? They just hired him off the streets as the interim head coach? Lol.

You missed it. He was hired as an assistant coach/big men and lead recruiter before the season.

Just texted a MD friend who was apparently unaware of the wake carnage and was positive about the move. Like, I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but…

Checking to see how many Tuesday games Maryland has left on the calendar.

Maryland fan base always thought Turgeon’s team underperformed in the NCAA tournament.

Back