• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

My boss went to A&M so I get more than I bargained for on their program. He’s pretty sure King is starting, FWIW. He may not, but that’s the expectation now.

They are bringing in a top 5 QB in this signing class, so King wants to show what he can do to be the front runner for next year’s QB job. A&M was also top 5 early this year and had their sights set on higher goals moving forward — their defense was good enough but their offense couldn’t make the leap with injuries this year. Those goals look a lot more reachable if they win a bowl game over a team everyone expects them to beat and start next year ranked top 10 again than if they lay an egg — it won’t change their team next year but it would change the hype going in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNx9wpENCuo

He sent me this gem. King can run (look at 0:41). Luckily our defense has done such a wonderful job against mobile QB all year….

Yes. Prepare for King.

Watch the "fake slide" play over and over and coach breaking down in space, then tackling/wrapping up. The actual schemes look good (see: easy sacks we just "miss"), then we fly right past the QB, or RB or WR, too often.

Where is Abbate when we need him?

That Arizona State team in the Aloha Bowl was decimated by food poisoning

Spiller going to the NFL. Not sure if he's playing in the bowl. I'd guess that he isn't since he doesn't need to show out for the scouts or anything.

Spiller going to the NFL. Not sure if he's playing in the bowl. I'd guess that he isn't since he doesn't need to show out for the scouts or anything.

Houston Chronicle just tweeted that Spiller is skipping the Gator Bowl

Anyone know why? The Landing rocked.

There was a big dispute between the city who owned the land and the company that owned and operated the Landing.

Tenancy had dropped way down and the city argued they weren’t meeting the terms of the land lease to provide a high quality entertainment venue.

There were a couple of high profile shootings (including a mass shooting at a gaming event).

The city knocked it down and is looking at repurposing it. It currently hosts an outdoor concert series.

There is a big push by Lenny Curry (Jax Mayor) for downtown investment but it looks like most of that will focus on the area by the stadium.

Spiller is great back, and will be a high pick. That said, A&M's #2 back, Soph. Devon Anchane, ran for over 900 yards and averaged 7 ypc. Stopping the A&M rushing attack is a concern. They averaged 183 ypg on the ground and faced some really good rush defenses.

Looking back to the belk bowl it’s surprising that Christian Kirk played, had he been there this year he would undoubtedly be skipping the gator bowl.

Others of us lived through the Chuck Mills years. Didn't Caldwell get us into a couple of bowls?

Not in the 94-97 football seasons. We won a total of 12 football games in my four years (5 conference games).

A nugget from Clawson's appearance on Packer and Durham this morning. According to him, we've sold out our initial Gator Bowl allotment, and seeing all of the fans are the ACCCG gave him chills running out of the tunnel.

If we lose to a team playing a walk on QB the resulting thread about our defense will run to 1,000+ pages.

If we lose to a team playing a walk on QB the resulting thread about our defense will run to 1,000+ pages.

We will need to launch Hemphill much further than the sun.

He may be a walk on but I'm sure he's more than capable of handing the ball off to their #2 back that almost gained 1000 yards and averaged 7ypc behind their Oline with 4 guys 325 or better. We've got to contain their run game or I matter who is playing quarterback.

Anyone familiar with the stadium? Difference between Touchdown Club and US Assure Club?

Not super stadium familiar, but from the reading I've done, I think they're both just old names for what is now called the Gallagher Club, the main club between the 25s

Just bought tickets in Section 133. Taking my son for part of his Christmas present.

Back