• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

I mean, it matters if we’re talking about severity. We wouldn’t forfeit a game because everyone has a cold.

Sure, it may matter in terms of your recovery time if you are already vaxxed or not. Or it may not if you're 20 years old. A lot of those kids are asymptomatic for regular Covid, Omicron seems to have more instances of asymptomatic Covid. On top of that, I read the other day that they may have severely underestimated asymptomatic cases up to date (pre-Omicron). Could be as high as 40% of cases. Regardless, it's a bit of a moot point right now. Cornell had a major outbreak and it's almost entirely vaccinated. 1400 kids or some shit.

It is inevitable that this is going to have to run through the population. I wish that would happen during that rare downtime in sports when nothing is going on, but I don't get the luxury of picking and choosing. It just may be that the time is now and it's going to run through the population in the next few months. It's going to fuck up bowl games more than opt outs I think.

Sure, it may matter in terms of your recovery time if you are already vaxxed or not. Or it may not if you're 20 years old. A lot of those kids are asymptomatic for regular Covid, Omicron seems to have more instances of asymptomatic Covid. On top of that, I read the other day that they may have severely underestimated asymptomatic cases up to date (pre-Omicron). Could be as high as 40% of cases. Regardless, it's a bit of a moot point right now. Cornell had a major outbreak and it's almost entirely vaccinated. 1400 kids or some shit.

It is inevitable that this is going to have to run through the population. I wish that would happen during that rare downtime in sports when nothing is going on, but I don't get the luxury of picking and choosing. It just may be that the time is now and it's going to run through the population in the next few months. It's going to fuck up bowl games more than opt outs I think.

I’m assuming Cornell was doing weekly testing of everyone to find that out. I know Brown is doing that. So while it’s an “outbreak” by positive tests, it’s not by sickness. Right? I’m honestly asking.

I’m assuming Cornell was doing weekly testing of everyone to find that out. I know Brown is doing that. So while it’s an “outbreak” by positive tests, it’s not by sickness. Right? I’m honestly asking.

I just read Cornell's dashboard. You are correct, they are doing surveillance testing, which is testing many asymptomatic individuals.

If Wake ever voluntarily sat out of a bowl game, we’d never be invited to another one.

It’s interesting because at this point in the pandemic if everyone was vaccinated and you reduced the majority of symptoms to flu like or less than the world would just move on but alas vaccine equitability and American stupidity means that hasn’t happened.

Is WF getting the State player #99 treatment? Heartless and mean it may be but if TAMU failed to stay healthy by failing to require vaccination of players and masking then a forfeit for a no show should be recorded.

If all of our players are vaccinated, then clearly Texas A&M has an unfair advantage - they're a state school and everyone knows that the state has been using drones disguised as birds to track us and the 5G chip in the vaccine makes it even easier! BIRDS AREN'T REAL!

Texas A&M had better get their shit together. Going to the Gator Bowl is part of my son's Christmas present. It's going to be a father-son trip. We will both be devastated if it's a no go.

Texas A&M had better get their shit together. Going to the Gator Bowl is part of my son's Christmas present. It's going to be a father-son trip. We will both be devastated if it's a no go.

If it was possible for me to want to see this game get played even more, that just did.

Nice present! My son and I did the same for the 2017 Belk Bowl in Charlotte against tamu.

It was a blast and turned out to be the best bowl game that year. Agree that it better be played!

I know that different bowls have different pay-outs, but if the payouts are dispersed to the league, how are the bowl expenses paid for?

The payouts pooled for the league are net of traveling/bowl expenses

The 50 greatest college football bowl games: Vince Young’s heroics, Boise State’s miracle, BYU’s Hail Mary and more https://theathletic.com/3023054/202...ail-mary-and-more/?source=user_shared_article

42. Belk Bowl (Dec. 29, 2017): Wake Forest 55, Texas A&M 52

What do we want out of non-major bowl games? Entertainment. Wake Forest and Texas A&M combined for 63 first downs, 1,260 yards and 107 points in a three-point game that went down to the wire. That’ll do.

Hate to say it, but I’m looking into hotel refund options. I don’t see how this gets played.

Nice present! My son and I did the same for the 2017 Belk Bowl in Charlotte against tamu.

It was a blast and turned out to be the best bowl game that year. Agree that it better be played!

Thanks! My dad and I did the same for the Music City Bowl back in 2011. Now that he is gone, my son has taken his place as far as going to Wake games with me. But he's never been to a bowl game before.

I know that different bowls have different pay-outs, but if the payouts are dispersed to the league, how are the bowl expenses paid for?

This is the important part. If A&M doesn't show up and is forced to forfeit, the ACC should demand their share.

A&M is practicing. Just not publicly. This is just a ploy to throw us off. No way in hell do they forfeit/cancel the game.

Back