• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

A&M is practicing. Just not publicly. This is just a ploy to throw us off. No way in hell do they forfeit/cancel the game.

They're having tryouts with the student body to fill out the roster. They take that 12th man seriously.

Is it that dire? I have until noon today to get a refund on my hotel- do you think it's unlikely to be played?

It’s simple math to me. They have to quarantine for 10 days. They won’t be ready until the day of the game. With their opt outs and COVID people I’m not even sure they have enough people to play. You also have to assume that more will test positive in the coming days. My worst fear is getting to Jacksonville and then the game being cancelled. This is basically what happened with Tennessee/Memphis bball on Saturday.

It’s simple math to me. They have to quarantine for 10 days. They won’t be ready until the day of the game. With their opt outs and COVID people I’m not even sure they have enough people to play. You also have to assume that more will test positive in the coming days. My worst fear is getting to Jacksonville and then the game being cancelled. This is basically what happened with Tennessee/Memphis bball on Saturday.

But if they've been shut down since Sunday, that is almost 2 full weeks before the game. So they should know before the day of the game.

It just takes for one bowl game to be cancelled and then the dominos will fall similar to last March around the sports world. Granted, the CFP is 100 percent getting played regardless of any bowl cancellations.

We are renting a house at the beach starting Wednesday so we are going regardless. But I’m not optimistic the game gets played.

Nice present! My son and I did the same for the 2017 Belk Bowl in Charlotte against tamu.

It was a blast and turned out to be the best bowl game that year. Agree that it better be played!

Nice.

My BIL gave that Belk Bowl to my wife and me for a Christmas present. My wife did not enjoy the 43 degrees and a 4 hours game. I loved it!

Isnt the key the fact that they can't travel under quarantine? So the Covid players wouldn't even be able to travel until what like the day before the game at best?

Because of a COVID outbreak, Texas A&M is unable to play in the Gator Bowl, sources tell @SINow. Aggies don’t have enough available players.

Gator is searching for a replacement bowl team, sources say, but the only way that's possible is if another bowl is impacted.

Ross Dellenger
@RossDellenger
·
12m
If a bowl is not played, teams do not receive the payout. Gator Bowl payout is $5.35M.

There are no possibilities of a replacement like last year, Nick Carparelli has told @SInow

This is why the Gator likely needs another bowl team to dropout.

So out of all of the bowl eligible schools/teams, Texas A&M did the worst job of managing covid. Nice job, Jimbo.

Thank you A&M! Very cool! (and covid)

I imagine the rest of this thread will be very civil & level headed

Billy Liucci
@billyliucci
·
5m
Per Aggie AD Ross Bjork:
A&M is currently down to just 38 scholarship position players and the Ags have just 13 available scholarship players available on defense. That includes Covid, opts outs, transfers and season-ending injuries.

Hey Ross Bjork go fuck yourself nobody cares about your opt outs and injuries.

Back