• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

I'm going - I'm actually looking forward to the fact that I'm not going to have to do any traveling for this game - much rather sleep in my own bed than another hotel night.

Any word on what the Wake home base will be? Amelia Island Plantation possibly?

I'm going - I'm actually looking forward to the fact that I'm not going to have to do any traveling for this game - much rather sleep in my own bed than another hotel night.

Keep talking like that and you’re going to have people asking if they can crash at your place.

Keep talking like that and you’re going to have people asking if they can crash at your place.

Trust me, already gotten two requests from friends (who I've told are more than welcome to stay at my place).

This is where I am too. Gator is a great accomplishment. We just played TAMU though. We also won our division while TAMU finished 5th in theirs.

The last part is such a stretch -- they finished tied for third in the best division in football. Inventing reasons to be upset.

Setting aside the playing a team with the same uniform but none of the same players part, who are these teams out there that you would have rather played?

The last part is such a stretch -- they finished tied for third in the best division in football. Inventing reasons to be upset.

Setting aside the playing a team with the same uniform but none of the same players part, who are these teams out there that you would have rather played?

Yeah I am scratching my head at that a bit also. We had quite a few possibilities of playing teams we had played recently. Only exceptions were Holiday bowl and Kentucky. NO thanks to Kentucky. Holiday Bowl would have been cool, but we would have been trading a better destination for a worse bowl and worse opponent

I’m actually kind of pumped for the Gator Bowl. Hope the team is as well, and hope Sam bounces back mentally. We need an ‘A’ game from him against TAMU’s defense.

Wake won the very first Gator Bowl back in 1946. 26-14 over South Carolina. Total attendance was about 7400. Wake hadn't been invited back since. We should be able to beat the 1946 attendance mark.

I see why the team wanted to go out to San Diego, different opponent and well San Diego. Nobody wants to spend New Year’s Eve/New Years in Jacksonville.

I get the allure of a trip to SD, but to play in front of 7k Wake fans?

Yeah I am scratching my head at that a bit also. We had quite a few possibilities of playing teams we had played recently. Only exceptions were Holiday bowl and Kentucky. NO thanks to Kentucky. Holiday Bowl would have been cool, but we would have been trading a better destination for a worse bowl and worse opponent

What makes it a "worse bowl"? Or what makes the Gator Bowl better?

In the least surprising news of the week, TAMU fans uniformly disgusted and predicting a massive blowout win over us.

We're due a win: :thumbsup:

L tarholes
W wolpfack
L clem's son
W bc
L pitt
W tamu

In the least surprising news of the week, TAMU fans uniformly disgusted and predicting a massive blowout win over us.

They felt that way in 2017 and we kicked their ass. We aren't real happy about playing them either.

Their fans didn't show up last time we played. So they don't show up to Bowl games and we already beat them. Why would Wake want to play them again? Our fans win the "right to be disgusted by opponent" argument here clearly.

I despise TAMU- Jimbo being there just adds to the stench that rises from College Station. Playing them again in 4 years is not bad- and if we can beat them, it will give this team and our program some credibility from general perceptions of their program. Win or lose it will be a measure of where coaches and players we need to go to compete at a higher level. We have not done so well with better teams and bigger games so being in a better bowl will help with that. I really want to win this game. We have time to prepare and get healthier-let's see where we are. Wake can do this.

Beating Texas A&M will mean we are better than Alabama, right?

Back