• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Quit the bitching and moaning. Be the team that says anywhere, anytime. No matter the opponent. We came to win. Just stop it.

I'm going and taking 2 others. But I'd be lying if I said I have a little trepidation after Saturday night's meltdown. That 2nd half may be the worst I've seen a Clawson team play in 8 years.
Certainly planning other fun activities outside of just the bowl game.

Going to be hard for the fan base to get up for a semi random bowl game against a team that finished 5th in their division especially the way the season just played out. Throw in a lot of people already travelling to charlotte last weekend

Already moved from A&M -3.5 to A&M -6.5

Going to be hard for the fan base to get up for a semi random bowl game against a team that finished 5th in their division especially the way the season just played out. Throw in a lot of people already travelling to charlotte last weekend

But it's the legendary Taxslayer Gator Bowl! In lovely Jacksonville!! Against the mighty Texas A&M!!!

Largest Power 5 school versus the smallest. I am sure we will hear that ad nauseum.

This team needs time off. Glad there is almost a month before they have to take the field again. Lots of emotional games the last month, plus plenty of guys playing hurt.

Get healthy, work through some issues that came up in our losses and get ready for a fun final exhibition game. I really hope Clawson preaches that after such a brutal Charlotte loss. I am hoping to maybe see a few faces we wouldn't expect get some more PT (Greene?)

This team needs time off. Glad there is almost a month before they have to take the field again. Lots of emotional games the last month, plus plenty of guys playing hurt.

Get healthy, work through some issues that came up in our losses and get ready for a fun final exhibition game. I really hope Clawson preaches that after such a brutal Charlotte loss. I am hoping to maybe see a few faces we wouldn't expect get some more PT (Greene?)
I think playing in a game where we had to clinch the division the final week and then playing in the championship game next week hurt us.

We finished the season with 5 straight high-stakes games.

UNC - CFP ranking, undefeated, realistic chance to make CFP. Lost

NCSU - virtually must win to have shot at division, de facto Atlantic division title game. Won

Clemson - chance to win division, knock off defending champs, keep alive slim playoff hopes. Lost

BC - Second chance to win division, on the road against a team we always play close. Win

PITT - Obvious what was on the line there. Lost.

Considering where the program was a few years ago, that is quite the emotional rollercoaster to end the season on. Probably the most significant stretch of games since the end of the 2006 season. So yeah, they could use a break.

The disappointment from Saturday night and what I perceive as a boring opponent is starting to wear off. I’m thinking I’ll be in Jax.

We finished the season with 5 straight high-stakes games.

UNC - CFP ranking, undefeated, realistic chance to make CFP. Lost

NCSU - virtually must win to have shot at division, de facto Atlantic division title game. Won

Clemson - chance to win division, knock off defending champs, keep alive slim playoff hopes. Lost

BC - Second chance to win division, on the road against a team we always play close. Win

PITT - Obvious what was on the line there. Lost.

Considering where the program was a few years ago, that is quite the emotional rollercoaster to end the season on. Probably the most significant stretch of games since the end of the 2006 season. So yeah, they could use a break.

I agree 100%. Exams will get most everybody focused on something else other than football for a while. Physically resting. Then another slow restful week.

BY the time we start thinking about football again it will be about. 1) AN Opus for the guys leaving 2) Statement Opportunity for DC and those coming back 3) Chance to get a very good understanding of where we are and what we need for next year.

This is Big Boy program Shit! Gator is serious football for both teams. Holiday would be a vacation. Personally I would have preferred where State is but I'll be there and I think the team will be too.

A. The Gator Bowl is not a random bowl game. It’s one of the top bowls out there bud we haven’t played in it since the 1940s.
B. Anyone who uses the excuse of “I went to the ACC championship game last weekend” is not a true fan! That’s just a bush league excuse. Beating a team like A&M in a NYE bowl would do a heck of a lot more for us recruiting wise than beating a flash in the pan Pitt team in Charlotte. Time for us fans to rally and step up!
C. Jacksonville is where we beat GT in 2006 to get to the Orange Bowl. Time for repeat Karma and for us to do it again!

ROLL CALL, Deacon Nation!

How about the excuse not spending any part of your holidays in Jacksonville Florida, because that’s what I’m going with.

A. The Gator Bowl is not a random bowl game. It’s one of the top bowls out there bud we haven’t played in it since the 1940s.
B. Anyone who uses the excuse of “I went to the ACC championship game last weekend” is not a true fan! That’s just a bush league excuse. Beating a team like A&M in a NYE bowl would do a heck of a lot more for us recruiting wise than beating a flash in the pan Pitt team in Charlotte. Time for us fans to rally and step up!
C. Jacksonville is where we beat GT in 2006 to get to the Orange Bowl. Time for repeat Karma and for us to do it again!

ROLL CALL, Deacon Nation!

In no way is winning the Tax Slayer Bowl more of an accomplishment than winning the ACC Championship

where is a good area to stay in jacksonville if you don't care about being close to the stadium?

If I want to be close to JAX beaches and really tourist it up, where do I stay in Jacksonville?

Forbes said on his show tonight that he was proud of the football team going to the Gator Bowl that he remembers as kid while clem's son is going to a bowl named after a snack that he feeds his kids. :rofl:

For everyone dragging Jacksonville, Amelia Island and Ponte Vedra Beach are very nice places to visit, get some beach time, etc.

For everyone dragging Jacksonville, Amelia Island and Ponte Vedra Beach are very nice places to visit, get some beach time, etc.

The thing is that around the holidays most of us don’t have time for a long vacay. For me, it’s all about the game.

Back