• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

If we hadn't just played them a few years ago, I think we'd feel totally different. This the only team to have defeated Bama this season, a great opportunity for us.

It's not like WF is playing Army again. It has been 4 seasons since WF played A&M, different coach and different personnel (on both sides). Don't really see how playing A&M is "boring" or same old/same old. A&M was the pre-season #6 team in the country; they could have as many as 4 first round picks in the 2022 NDL draft. A win would be a great accomplishment.

Hotel rooms available in Downtown Jacksonville near TIAA Bank Field for Thursday and Friday nights or Thursday night only of the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl. Hotels include Marriott and Hilton properties with rates from $149 to $272 per night plus a $20 reservation fee. Please visit https://www.gamedaytravelhotels.com and click on Availabilities, or use the direct link to the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl hotels, https://www.gamedaytravelhotels.com/hotels-availabilities/?game=tax-slayer-gator-bowl. You may email me at gamedaytravel1@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Last edited:
There is a Hyatt (Hyatt Regency Riverfront) that is pretty much adjacent to the stadium. Not cheap but not crazy expensive, either.

Coaches have three weeks to figure out how to deal with pressure on the mesh point.

Traditionally, you just throw where the pressure came from. Orrrr they can just throw jump balls 40 yards down field.

I don't post often but how does Sam get it back after his pouting and body language on national tv for the final 10:minutes? QBs have to show the ultimate leadership.

Pouting and body language, what a stupid post. I would hope he'd look like he was crushed after what happened, that's not pouting, that's caring. You're a moron.

There is a Hyatt (Hyatt Regency Riverfront) that is pretty much adjacent to the stadium. Not cheap but not crazy expensive, either.

Wakes hotel will be the Hyatt Regency. Group rates with code G-TB21. Rates from$240-$260 depending on what type of room you want.

Any comments about whether the Doubletree Riverfront or Homewood Suites Downtown Southbank would be a better option for a group of 3 adults ranging from 45-80?

Coming out of a verrry long posting hiatus to ask...when should we expect to get actual tickets assigned (or informed that we weren't)? Submitted my order yesterday before the deadline, and if it matters, I have no priority. Mostly I just want to figure out when I'll know if I need to look elsewhere. Haven't been to a bowl game since I was a student, so not quite sure how to expect this process to work. Thanks for the help!

Coming out of a verrry long posting hiatus to ask...when should we expect to get actual tickets assigned (or informed that we weren't)? Submitted my order yesterday before the deadline, and if it matters, I have no priority. Mostly I just want to figure out when I'll know if I need to look elsewhere. Haven't been to a bowl game since I was a student, so not quite sure how to expect this process to work. Thanks for the help!

I’d expect to need to buy through a third party if you want decent seats.

I’d expect to need to buy through a third party if you want decent seats.

If I'm operating from a POV that any seats in the Wake block are decent seats, when can I expect to know whether they were able to fill my order or not? Would love to hear that Wake is selling enough tickets to sell out the block and not fill for no-status folks like me. Just curious roughly when I should expect to find that out.

If I'm operating from a POV that any seats in the Wake block are decent seats, when can I expect to know whether they were able to fill my order or not? Would love to hear that Wake is selling enough tickets to sell out the block and not fill for no-status folks like me. Just curious roughly when I should expect to find that out.

I don’t think you need to worry about not having your order filled. That never happened to me but I stopped ordering through WF for bowl games a few years ago. Third party is always cheaper and better.

I had an email the day after I ordered thst confirmed

Any comments about whether the Doubletree Riverfront or Homewood Suites Downtown Southbank would be a better option for a group of 3 adults ranging from 45-80?

Both hotels are on the Southbank. I’ve personally only stayed at the Doubletree but used to live in one of the high rises a couple of buildings away. I’d think either would be fine but I’d probably stay at the Doubletree. Some rooms have some great River views.

Back