• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My favorite albums of 2021

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
1. Home Video - Lucy Dacus
2. Sour - Olivia Rodrigo
3. How Long Do You Think It’s Gonna Last - Big Red Machine
4. Glow On - Turnstile
5. Pray for Haiti - Mach Hommy
6. Afrique Victime - Mdou Moctar
7. New Long Leg - Dry Cleaning
8. Ignorance - The Weather Station
9. Call Me If You Get Lost - Tyler, the Creator
10. Montero - Lil Nas X
11. 30 - Adele
12. El Alimento - Cimafunk
13. An Evening with Silk Sonic - Silk Sonic
14. Driver - Adult Mom
15. Vince Staples - Vince Staples
16. As Days Get Dark - Arab Strap
17. Vanities - W. H. Lung
18. Mercurial World - Magdalena Bay
19. I Know I’m Funny Ha Ha - Faye Webster
20. In Heaven - Strand of Oaks
21. I Don’t Live Here Anymore - The War on Drugs
22. An Overview on Phenomenal Nature - Cassandra Jenkins
23. Little Oblivions - Julien Baker
24. Valentine - Snail Mail
25. Sound Ancestors - Madlib

Last edited:
Ok well that pasted weird and now I can’t edit. Alas maybe another fundraiser and we can fix the boards.

Madi Diaz's History of a Feeling would be in my top-10.

Some rap records I don't see on here are Lil Simz's Sometimes I Might Be Introvert, MearlGo records (EPs? no idea what you call something like that), and Young Thug's Punk. I really didn't like that Vince Staples record...

I'd rather listen to the Taylor Swift, Beyonce, and Kacey Musgrave records that she's inspired by than Adele's new record. It's just so flat and uninspired, and I feel like I'm supposed to like it but just don't.

MONTERO might actually be my #1. I'm still so floored by that record and its energy. There are barely any duds on it, too, which is pretty wild given its length and how "out of nowhere" Lil Nas X as "genius artist" came for me, at least.

ETA: Adele's music just seems focus grouped to death. It's all been done before by better, more interesting artists, which is a shame because Adele has an incredible voice. Just no vision.

Last edited:
The only thing I know about Arab Strap is the amazing Belle and Sebastian song from 1999.

Home Video was my most listened-to new album of the year, so it's nice to see Lucy Dacus in your top spot. I've been a fan of hers since I heard "Night Shift" a few years ago.

I'd rather listen to the Taylor Swift, Beyonce, and Kacey Musgrave records that she's inspired by than Adele's new record. It's just so flat and uninspired, and I feel like I'm supposed to like it but just don't.

MONTERO might actually be my #1. I'm still so floored by that record and its energy. There are barely any duds on it, too, which is pretty wild given its length and how "out of nowhere" Lil Nas X as "genius artist" came for me, at least.

ETA: Adele's music just seems focus grouped to death. It's all been done before by better, more interesting artists, which is a shame because Adele has an incredible voice. Just no vision.

She's got a couple good ones on her new album. I Drink Wine is pretty killer.

My old ass reading that list...

Don't know, don't know, don't know, don't know, gay country rapper guy, Adele, don't know, don't know, don't know...

Looks like Townie didn't get a chance to listen to this year's offering from Florida Georgia Line.

My old ass reading that list...

Don't know, don't know, don't know, don't know, gay country rapper guy, Adele, don't know, don't know, don't know...

Oooh did you like the Dinosaur Jr record? Seems like something you'd be into and is one of my favorite records of theirs

I'd definitely include that in my top-10, too

I don't know how y'all have the time to listen to enough music to put together a top 25 album of 2021 list, if your job doesn't involve listening to music. That's impressive.

I could compose a "top 1000 favorite conference calls of 2021" but don't think that would have broad appeal. but that's what i listen to most of the day, so it takes some doing for some new music to break into my occasional playlist.

Oooh did you like the Dinosaur Jr record? Seems like something you'd be into and is one of my favorite records of theirs

I'd definitely include that in my top-10, too

Have been meaning to listen to it, but honestly, it's been kind of the same ol' same ol' from J and crew for a while now. It's a formula I used to love, but it has gotten a bit stale for me. I actually look forward more to the Lou songs.

The only new albums I listened to this year that I really enjoyed were albums by the War on Drugs, MMJ, and Lord Huron (probably my favorite). Kinda surprised the War on Drugs album didn't make the list, Townie.

Edited to say Nevermind! War on Drugs is there.

the Big Red Machine album is on your list twice. I did like a couple of songs on it, but overall not my favorite.

Last edited:
some things i really liked this year that aren't on the list:

Spirit of the Beehive - ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
Ty Segall - Harmonizer
Wavves - Hideaway
Angel Olsen - Aisles
Iceage - Seek Shelter

this was a weird year... i was really looking forward to the new stuff from courtney barnett, lorde, james blake, and foxing, and almost all of those albums were disappointments imo. i guess the blake album was okay

and then there's the Parquet Courts album, which was OBVIOUSLY my most anticipated release of the year and which is now just sorta... there.

Back