• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread - BRAD LAMBERT IS COMING HOME

On a somber note, Deac Mom passed away last March:(. She was an OG from the Scout Boards (we reconnected there after we met at the Women’s Football Clinic one summer). That chance meeting turned into a 20 yr friendship and a few trips together to see the Deacs play. She did indeed think highly of Coach Lambert and many of the WF coaches who treated her son, as a walk-on, as well as the scholarship players.

:tear:

I remember Deac Mom well.

His salary was only $500k with some possible bonuses. That’s very low for a P5 DC. Hemphill was likely already getting around that much. May not have really needed to spend that much to get him especially if he wanted to return to NC.

https://www.purdueexponent.org/spor...cle_0d108ed8-ba0c-57ac-828c-816245dc4a88.html

He was the co-DC so I guess they get paid between an assistant and a coordinator.

:tear:

I remember Deac Mom well.

Sad news. Wonderful lady.

News of Lambert potentially coming in as the new DC broke yesterday...any sense when we might all know something officially? I didn't expect it to be within a day, but is by the end of this week what everyone is thinking and when do you start panicking?

On a somber note, Deac Mom passed away last March:(. She was an OG from the Scout Boards (we reconnected there after we met at the Women’s Football Clinic one summer). That chance meeting turned into a 20 yr friendship and a few trips together to see the Deacs play. She did indeed think highly of Coach Lambert and many of the WF coaches who treated her son, as a walk-on, as well as the scholarship players.

I was a student at the same time her son was, and I was very active on the message board at that time. I don't recall the situation exactly, but there was a time when I had a number of unexpected and sad things happen to me, such as my aunt passing away at a very young age, and I must have made mention of it on the boards. One day, I was in my dorm room, and I decided to walk down the hall to get a soda. The soda machine was maybe 30 feet from my room. Anyway, by the time I got back to my room, I had a card and a small gift there from Deac Mom.

The post above is the first I've heard of her passing, and I am sorry to hear it. College was not an easy time for me, but I remember the card and the chocolate bar that she left for me that day.

Thanks, Deac Mom.

Wow. That's a great story, Demun. Good to see you back.

Deac Mom was the only person I personally know who shared my birthday. It was a little something we used to celebrate on the boards back in the day (it's Ron Wellman's birthday too but whatever).

News of Lambert potentially coming in as the new DC broke yesterday...any sense when we might all know something officially? I didn't expect it to be within a day, but is by the end of this week what everyone is thinking and when do you start panicking?

I would assume it takes a couple days. Surely he has some loose ends to tie up in Indiana then he would need to travel to Winston(I don't think coordinators get the private jet treatment), lawyers need to read over the contract, etc.

I think Hemphill took like 3 days from tweet to official announcement at Duke.

About 10 years ago I met Coach Lambert at a recruiting luncheon. We spent about 15 minutes talking and I was very impressed. He was very personable, articulate and positive. He made a tremendous impression on me. I was also saddened to hear about Deac Mom, we became acquainted and shared some e- mails as well as some meetings at the football games. This thread reminds me of the great times during that era(tailgates with Bill George and Mike Reinfrette's parents and others as well as remembering some of those that posted on the old boards).

Yes, sad news to learn of Deacmom's passing. Condolences to her family and friends. RIP.

Sorry to hear about Deac Mom. RIP. I only knew her through the boards, and I have remembered a particular post of hers. We were playing at N. Illinois, and the topic was the diet and fashion choices of their co-eds (big girls in tube tops). Deac Mom delicately and succinctly posted: "I shall never eat corn again." Today when I see others making similarly poor choices, I recall her post.

Sorry to hear about deacmom- one of the few parents of a player that didn’t end up getting into a spat with other posters. And I’m laughing that Ph shares a bday with Ron wellman

Thank you for sharing that story Demun. I didn't know Deac Mom but she sounds like she was a really great person. It is amazing how meaningful small kindnesses freely given are. The world needs a little more of that today. RIP Deac Mom.

Seems like a good hire. Not a home run but a really good, solid hire with program ties. Very happy with it.

Disagree. About as close a HR as you can get for WF. We aren’t paying SEC or Clemson $ and Lambert knows our culture and was part of coaching the best Ds ever @ WF and sounds like doing a great job @ Purdue not to mention a D1 HC @ uncc so you know he has a ton of recruiting ties and well respected in southeast. I fully expect we will have a much improved D and would expect talent to improve considerably over next 2-3 years on D side of ball.

Disagree. About as close a HR as you can get for WF. We aren’t paying SEC or Clemson $ and Lambert knows our culture and was part of coaching the best Ds ever @ WF and sounds like doing a great job @ Purdue not to mention a D1 HC @ uncc so you know he has a ton of recruiting ties and well respected in southeast. I fully expect we will have a much improved D and would expect talent to improve considerably over next 2-3 years on D side of ball.

I would add Purdue was middle of the pack on D for big 10 which is impressive they were rated above osu and how good that one is on d side compared to ACC with Michigan, Iowa, osu, PSU, wiscy, etc. I would die for middle of pack in ACC.

Wow. Over a TD a game difference.

Does having Lambert get us that win at UNC this year?

Yes. And it honestly may have helped hold Clemson low enough to beat them. They scored way more against us than anyone else worth a damn and we put up the most points they allowed.

Having a competent high school DC would have gotten us that win. That was horrendous. Clawson knew it. He acted. And here we are.

Wake is serious about football.

Back