• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Coaching Search Thread - BRAD LAMBERT IS COMING HOME

TimmyClutch

Reaction score
I am just going to start this off by throwing out totally random names, some of which would be absolutely terrible choices:

Brian VanGorder- now coaching in HS
Todd Grantham- Fired from Florida
Daronte Jones- still technically the D-Coordinator at LSU
Kerry Coombs- Fired from Ohio State
Justin Hamilton- Fired from VPI
Tyler Santucci- Probably getting promoted at A&M

Daronte Jones would be awesome.. Will not happen.

Paul Williams and Ryan Crawford would be the two on staff who should get some consideration. Both have previously been DC's at lower levels.

Going with an outside guy who uses a different base D than Wake has run the last several years would impact multiple current players and recruits. Wake is already short on linebackers for a 4-3 and doesn't have the wide body to clog the middle in a 3-4, not to mention lack of big interior linebacker guys.

Santucci just got named interim DC for TAMU. Suspect he has a chance at the full-time role especially if they play well in the bowl game -- clearly he's well thought of. Wouldn't be crazy (but somewhat humorous) if he's the next guy.

Another crazy name -- Al Golden. He's been in the NFL for a while now but I think runs in the same circles as Clawson from his Temple days.

Al Washington, LB coach, Ohio State - very good recruiter, BC alum, experience coaching in the ACC and NC, probably a tough pull since he is from Columbus/turned down big money for Tenn DC last year

Elijah Robinson, DL coach, Texas A&M - one of the best recruiters in the country, Elko understudy, Aggies will throw oil money at him to keep him

Aazaar Abdul-Rahim, DB coach, BC - hot coaching prospect, good recruiter, extremely plugged into the DC area, could slide straight into Hemphill's DC/Safety role with no other reshuffling

Santucci just got named interim DC for TAMU. Suspect he has a chance at the full-time role especially if they play well in the bowl game -- clearly he's well thought of. Wouldn't be crazy (but somewhat humorous) if he's the next guy.

Another crazy name -- Al Golden. He's been in the NFL for a while now but I think runs in the same circles as Clawson from his Temple days.

He's Zac Taylor's LB coach in Cincy. Feels like Al Golden has been out of the college game for a long time. Hard to believe he's only 52.

It will be somebody we've never heard of and that's fine. In Clawson I trust.

Stay away from van gorder too- he is awful

Give Brad White the bag and an associate HC title soon.

If not him, pluck someone from the B10 that can bring some of his players.

Back