• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Georgia Tech - Wed, 1/19 @ 7pm - Anybody going?

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Can't find any information online, but I've a received a few e-mails:

Reminder - WFU at GA Tech Basketball Game - Alumni Night
1.19.22 / 7 p.m.

The Wake Forest men's basketball team will be in Atlanta on Wednesday, January 19 to take on ACC rival Georgia Tech, and you are invited to join us in the alumni block! Tickets are a special rate of $12 for an upper level ticket or $35 for a lower level ticket and will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Be sure to wear your black and gold and bring your family and friends to cheer on the Deacs! If you haven't already, click below to buy your tickets today.

GO DEACS!

1.19.22 / 7 p.m.

The Wake Forest men's basketball team will be in Atlanta on Wednesday, January 19 to take on ACC rival Georgia Tech, and you are invited to join us in the alumni block! Tickets are a special rate of $12 for an upper level ticket or $35 for a lower level ticket and will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Be sure to wear your black and gold and bring your family and friends to cheer on the Deacs! If you haven't already, click below to buy your tickets today.

GO DEACS!

I’m interested. Are these tickets thru the Wake ticket office?

For reference, our last win at GT was in 2003-04, when #15 Wake Forest outlasted #18 Georgia Tech 80-76.

The next year, #5 WFU lost to #22 GT 102-101 in OT.

By my math, we've lost 14 straight games @ GT. In those 14 games, Wake Forest was ranked twice (#4 in 2005, #6 in 2009)... GT has also been ranked twice (#22 in 2005, #22 in 2010).

"DEACON FANS... GETT YER TICKETS!!!"

I flew to Atlanta for that 2005 game. Friday night game. It was worth it. Great game. Great atmosphere. Chris Paul vs. Jarrett Jack. Jack got the better of CP that day.

For reference, our last win at GT was in 2003-04, when #15 Wake Forest outlasted #18 Georgia Tech 80-76.

By my math, we've lost 14 straight games @ GT. In those 14 games, Wake Forest was ranked twice (#4 in 2005, #6 in 2009)... GT has also been ranked twice (#22 in 2005, #22 in 2010).

This was the game where CP3 shot a last second floater and it rolled around on front of the rim right? That game was wild. Man this is making me miss the good ole days of the ACC.

also 0-6 all-time in Atlanta for ACC Tournament games, including 3 losses to Maryland and one to each of the other Big 4 schools

1.19.22 / 7 p.m.

GO DEACS!

I’m confused....

This event/tix pricing is for a road game in Atlanta?

Wait....is this a local Atlanta Alumni club outing for local Atlanta alums?

Got it....

Wait....is this a local Atlanta Alumni club outing for local Atlanta alums?

Bingo. But going to the game... Not just watching it somewhere.

Tough for me to drive up to Winston for a game, but GT is nice and close (if you can past the fact that we never win there). Might drive over to the game @ Clemson, but I wish it were on a weekend.

It'll be interesting to see if a crew of all new, out of conference, upper class transfers can break the tradition of our horrendous shooting @Ga Tech. It's always strange to me when something like that persists over decades, despite obvious roster overhauls. Unlike @Duke where you just get screwed out of games, we seem to always shoot objectively poorly in Atlanta.

Last edited:
also 0-6 all-time in Atlanta for ACC Tournament games, including 3 losses to Maryland and one to each of the other Big 4 schools
Didn't we lose to GA in atlanta where they basically threw in a half court heave at the buzzer?

Didn't we lose to GA in atlanta where they basically threw in a half court heave at the buzzer?

yes, I was there

Songaila fouled out on a total bullshit call and my memory is we were outscored something like 9-0 to end the game

ATA: my memory was a bit off regarding the game-ending run, but we did blow a 13-point lead down the stretch. And the UGA player was slipping as he threw up the shot.

Bonus points to the WFU archive for a picture of Kuklick(?) on the game story

Last edited:
We're 1-1 in the NCAA tournament in Atlanta though (1991). Suck it La Tech !

Pretty sure we also lost a game in Atlanta where Rusty Larue made a possible game winner right after the buzzer.

Man, a win there would help exorcise a lot of demons.

Pretty sure we also lost a game in Atlanta where Rusty Larue made a possible game winner right after the buzzer.

Man, a win there would help exorcise a lot of demons.

yes, cost us the regular-season title in 1996. Played Thursday night in College Park, got snowed in, landed in Atlanta Saturday morning just in time to play, lost by 0.1 seconds.

Back