• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Return of Tie Dye Nation - One Night Only - 1/12 vs. Duke

Went into the gate to the right of the field house. It might have been the first game of the year so that might have explained it but it was a half hour wait.

Yeah that gate has the vast majority of our reserved lots all together.

$50 of $25,000 raised so far

Shit, I thought this game was Tuesday for some reason. Guess I'll have to watch at trivia at Hoptinger in Jax - fortunately I know a guy that can help make sure Wake is on basically every other TV there that night.

LOL. NazT is my guy but this comes across as a cynical money grubbing ploy by the Deacon Club when the goal should just be to get the crowd hyped.

LOL. NazT is my guy but this comes across as a cynical money grubbing ploy by the Deacon Club when the goal should just be to get the crowd hyped.

The sad thing is the disclaimer at the bottom says this doesn't count to Deacon Club points.

This is not a legit throw back unless they have the Deac repel from the ceiling at some point during the pregame program.

The sad thing is the disclaimer at the bottom says this doesn't count to Deacon Club points.

But I bet they’ll count toward whatever he has to raise each year for the development office. (And should.)

Yeah. I’d like to see it as a funny thing we used to do, but it’s not that big of a deal to me.

Let’s just win the fucking game.

What would you do if you had a twenty five thousand dollars?
I'll tell you what I'd do, man, buy a fat guy in a bucket hat
That's it? If you had a twenty five thousand dollars, you'd buy a fat guy in a bucket hat?
Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a twenty five thousand dollars I could hook that up, cause AD shills love money.

Ron Wellman gone so NazT is allowed to dance again

What would you do if you had a twenty five thousand dollars?
I'll tell you what I'd do, man, buy a fat guy in a bucket hat
That's it? If you had a twenty five thousand dollars, you'd buy a fat guy in a bucket hat?
Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a twenty five thousand dollars I could hook that up, cause AD shills love money.

LOL

agree. i’m sure we have some aggressive short-term funding goals but that’s gonna be better achieved by having a good product on the court and in the joel.

I’m guessing the money is already lined up from Mit and the crew. They’re just trying to hustle a few extra dollars out of the base.

I kept wondering if NIL was going to change the landscape of athletic fundraising. Some donors will figure, why donate to the department when I can just give it directly to the athlete? Obviously taxes play into it. But I haven't heard of this narrative unfolding yet. Maybe it will show up to some degree over time.

Back