• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Hoop History - Greatest Team 2-point and Effective Shooting Percentages

updated chart to include ETSU starting in 2015, Murray Bartow's last year.

Forbes took over in 2016. Had the Bucs in the top 10% of college basketball for 2-point shooting every year from 2017-2020

NCAA-shooting2.png

Lol, that dip off the chart in Manning's last year has me picturing Lil Chil charging to the basket just to have the ball swatted either into the 3rd row, directly into the court, or to another player as he goes sprawling into the baseline.

I wish we could see what he'd be with this year's team. I still think he was a better PG than those teams allowed him to be.

Last edited:
As we head into the ACC tournament, holding steady at #3 in the nation in 2-point shooting, 58.9% (behind Belmont and Gonzaga)

Moved up to #7 in the nation in eFG% at 56.4%. Gonzaga and Purdue are the only power schools ahead of WF

Individually, Jake is #8 all-time at WF in eFG% at 61.0%; Daivien has an outside shot at joining the exclusive 40/50/90 club

As noted previously, this is clearly in Steve Forbes' history, so while we are shattering the program records for both 2-pt% and eFG% this year, I expect many similar performances in the future.

Back