• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greater impact Walker 3 or MamMan

socaldeac

Reaction score
It seems in football Walker 3 was best portal transfer impact player in college football. It also appears ManMan was greatest impact BB player transfer.

Are you happy with the portal results?

With Walker do we win the ACC? Are we in the CFB playoff?

With ManMan are we in the NCAA? Is he the catalyst that turns around Wake’s fortunes on the court and in recruiting?

Amazing two players both have connections to Wake and the impact they have had with only plAying one season.

I think the swap was worth it!

As good as KWIII is, I don't really see him helping us win any more games than we did anyway. Maybe the UNC game if we'd have run it more effectively and took more clock time off, but he certainly wouldn't have been the difference against Clemson and Pitt. On the other hand, where would this team be without MamMan? I he's making a bigger difference to the basketball team than KWIII would've made to the football team. That takes nothing away from KWIII, it's very hard if not impossible for one player to make as much difference in football as one player can make in basketball.

As good as KWIII is, I don't really see him helping us win any more games than we did anyway. Maybe the UNC game if we'd have run it more effectively and took more clock time off, but he certainly wouldn't have been the difference against Clemson and Pitt. On the other hand, where would this team be without MamMan? I he's making a bigger difference to the basketball team than KWIII would've made to the football team. That takes nothing away from KWIII, it's very hard if not impossible for one player to make as much difference in football as one player can make in basketball.
Pretty much this. KWIII is the better player respective of their sport but Williams is the driver of the WF Basketball team. They've got some great other players as well (much better than the previous decade of suck) but WF would be noticeably weaker without him.

We lost the UNC game because of defensive incompetence and refusal to run the ball/run clock. For the second year in a row. KW3 would not have won us any additional games unless our offensive philosophy changed.

To answer the question, I would take a top basketball transfer and lose a top football player nearly every season.

For me personally, ManMan has done something I thought was impossible. He pulled me back in. Go Deacs!

Our best womens player should definitely have the nickname maammaam.

If she had a LaRavia equivalent to draw some attention, Spear would be the women's team version of ManMan. Spear may still lead the ACC in scoring.

For me personally, ManMan has done something I thought was impossible. He pulled me back in. Go Deacs!

This is exactly how I feel. He has pulled me back in and actually made me care. Didnt think that was possible two years ago and that is no offense to Forbes, just where I am in my journey...

This is exactly how I feel. He has pulled me back in and actually made me care. Didnt think that was possible two years ago and that is no offense to Forbes, just where I am in my journey...

My mistake on the typo. But is appears Spears now has a nickname.

This is true for many of us, though I think we can get a lot of the credit to Forbes in assembling a compilation of players, with ManMan as the top dog, that can both score points quickly and play tenacious defense.

This for sure. But as of right now KW3 is a better player or whatever. If ManMan gets us on a tourney run….

Not close. Love Williams but he'll not come close to Walker's awards and value...

2021 Doak Walker Award winner.

2021 Walter Camp National Player of the Year .
2021 Big Ten Running Back of the Year.

2021 first-team All-Big Ten.

Projected 1st Round pick

I think it's clear the impact of Alondes Williams on the Wake Forest basketball program was much larger than the departure of Kenneth Walker on the football team. We had great running backs waiting to step up and the passing game was always going to be our primary weapon. I think we DO win the UNC game with Walker on the team. Our other backs would have been fresher in the 4th quarter and I think we get a score on one of the drives we faltered. We still lose to Clemson, we still lose to Pitt. Without Alondes we would have lost 4-5 more games this season, probably more. Also he's 1 of 5 instead of 1 of 11.

FWIW, running backs aren't a highly valued position in the current version of the NFL. Doubtful that KW3 or any other RB will be a first round pick in the 2022 draft.

Assuming you mean which had a greater impact on WF - not a bigger impact on their respective new team.

If so, than it is Aldones, not even close. Don't think having KW3 on the team adds any wins the past season. If you want to argue UNC, I'll listen. Clemson and Pitt, zero difference. The added emphasis to the WF passing game may have won an extra game or two without him.

If you mean which team benefited more - Michigan St football or WF basketball- right this moment, Michigan St. Mainly because of the attention college football gets over college basketball and there was some Heisman talk for a bit. The Michigan W was big.. and Michigan St didn't go to the conference championship, he was invisible in their biggest regular season game, he didn't get invited to NY or play in their bowl game.

Let's revisit at the end of the CBB season. Interesting question!

Back