• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Christian Beal-Smith Appreciation Thread

Christian Beal-Smith is the best back Wake has had in my 32 years of watching Deacon football. Hate that we didn’t use him as our bell cow last year so he would have stuck around Winston. Ellison and Turner are good backs who have gotten better each year but Beal-Smith is the kind of back you have to game plan around defensively. He would have proven transformational to next year’s offense. He’s going to prove to be the most significant wake early loss in football of all time (not that the sample size is huge). Hate that he left but I’ll be rooting for him in Columbia and in the NFL.

Christian Beal-Smith is the best back Wake has had in my 32 years of watching Deacon football. Hate that we didn’t use him as our bell cow last year so he would have stuck around Winston. Ellison and Turner are good backs who have gotten better each year but Beal-Smith is the kind of back you have to game plan around defensively. He would have proven transformational to next year’s offense. He’s going to prove to be the most significant wake early loss in football of all time (not that the sample size is huge). Hate that he left but I’ll be rooting for him in Columbia and in the NFL.
32 years. We've had better running backs in the last 6 years. He's a solid back but just stop it.

You must be forgetting a certain Chris Barclay.

I just copied what was said about Kenneth Walker in his appreciation thread. Since every player seems to get one.

I just copied what was said about Kenneth Walker in his appreciation thread. Since every player seems to get one.

Haha fair. It is a bit much. I feel a little different about CBS since he seemingly wanted to return, but I’m not rooting for former players playing college ball somewhere else. I wish them well and won’t think about them again unless we happen to play them. Hell, if he makes the NFL, he will likely say “University of South Carolina” just like KWIII will say MSU.

Someone on here would certainly say shit like that and mean it. I'm not rooting for any Shane Beamer team after stealing our plays.

Haha fair. It is a bit much. I feel a little different about CBS since he seemingly wanted to return, but I’m not rooting for former players playing college ball somewhere else. I wish them well and won’t think about them again unless we happen to play them. Hell, if he makes the NFL, he will likely say “University of South Carolina” just like KWIII will say MSU.

Maybe he’ll do similar to Russell Wilson and say “Cock Deacons” or “Demon Cocks” or “Deacon Cocks.”

Maybe he’ll do similar to Russell Wilson and say “Cock Deacons” or “Demon Cocks” or “Deacon Cocks.”

Demon Cocks has to be the one. Deacon Cocks sounds like the next big church sex scandal so let’s save that one for that.

You're trolling with this shit right? Less than 4YPC in acc games this year. He is going to get punked by SEC defenses.

I appreciate Christian Beal-Smith. He's a great Deac. I wish him luck at USC.

This is hilarious. What a troll.

wait? Shane Beamer stole our plays? I must have missed that.

His role as gunner on punt teams may be the hardest to replace. Special teams probably his only viable way into NFL.

damn, I completely missed that when it happened.

Its weird to see we have reached a point where players leave Wake to go to Big 10 and SEC programs to receive more playing time.

Its weird to see we have reached a point where players leave Wake to go to Big 10 and SEC programs to receive more playing time.

You do realize (in your infinite wisdom) that CBS didn't leave Wake due to playing time issues, correct?

Back