• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

During St. Peter’s run, I thought about how cool it would have been if Childress had a career trajectory similar to Holloway. If he left his alma mater to take the head job at Elon and led them on a tourney run (with Brandon) and then came back to Wake as head coach. Would have been cool.

no love for brady, but announcing you're retiring and backtracking a few weeks later is different than a season-long tribute tour and then backtracking

no love for brady, but announcing you're retiring and backtracking a few weeks later is different than a season-long tribute tour and then backtracking

After appointing and anointing the next coach who is already putting together this new staff.

Yeah, K would never be that big of an asshole…

Seriously though, either Jay Williams is out of the loop, or my belief that K is actually quite sick is off.

I did enjoy the part of the UNC game in Cameron where Jay was frantically motioning for timeout (that K did not call) as it was all slipping away

K is just looking to write another shitty book. Y'all just don't get this guy. Walking self help book. Want your kids to be rich? Teach them how to write a self help book.

During St. Peter’s run, I thought about how cool it would have been if Childress had a career trajectory similar to Holloway. If he left his alma mater to take the head job at Elon and led them on a tourney run (with Brandon) and then came back to Wake as head coach. Would have been cool.

Instead of learning under Manning and [Redacted]?

I really would have liked to see what kind of player Jay Williams could have been in the NBA sans motorcycle accident. I always liked him.

St. Peter's hires Wagner's Bashir Mason to replace Shaheen Holloway. Last season, Mason would coach Wagner wearing his own team's jersey.

JL6RMVWAWBFGVISHDB5CF7MTIY.jpg

Baseball manager style. Obviously not everyone could pull it off, but I kinda like it.

True - But Jay Williams is a moron who used to bang a young Charissa Thompson

You mean he's a rich guy because he is really smart and works hard even after his basketball is over. And he bangs hot chicks all the time.

Sounds like a moron to me! Get real dude.

Just identified an ideal candidate for our next basketball coach.

embryo-2_custom-1a83791e88135233888dfa7ef87906738c2d93dd-s1100-c50.jpg

And if he fails, we can just go out and hire a sperm!

Instead of learning under Manning and [Redacted]?

Once Chill decided he would go into coaching, the job of assistant at his P6 alma mater was a pretty good starting rung. Even though he was a failure as a head coach, Jeff [Redacted] came to Wake with a reputation as a good X's a d O's guy.

After the switch to Manning, Chill had a big decision: seek a coaching job somewhere else, either as an assistant to a well respected P6 coach or as head coach at a midmajor program or stay at Wake and fulfill the dreM many fathers have. That dream is teaching your son skills you have learned doing something you both enjoy. Added bonus for Cill staying at Wake meant that his alma mater be ame his son's alma mater as well. All the losing had to be killing him. He stuck it out to see his son through to graduation.

When Forbes arrived, he stuck around one more year as the "transition coach" and then apparently chose to leave the coaching track. Maybe a losing season under a third head coach was his limit. It would have been difficult to get a different coaching spot during Covid year. However, after that I am sure he could have found a good spot to coach if that was his desire. Maybe he had his fill of coaching and losing. Maybe he just wanted to stay put. I don't know.

No disrespect to Childress, but if you think he made the decision to step aside last year, you’re being pretty naive. When Shay was available, that move was a no brainer.

No disrespect to Childress, but if you think he made the decision to step aside last year, you’re being pretty naive. When Shay was available, that move was a no brainer.

Not naive. I just was saying his options were between staying at Wake in a non-coaching situation or go somewhere else if he wanted to continue coaching.

VMI hired Andrew Wilson as its HC. Wilson played at FSU 2002-6. He was an assistant at Charleston under Bobby Cremins, and then under Mark Byington at GA Sourthern and JMU.

I0000M2GU8gDuiXY.jpg

Back