• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greatest bball portal transfer class ever???

saltydeac

Reaction score
Do we have our own Fab 5 via portal transfer and best ever transfer class via portal?

Manman - in discussion for ACC poy and virtual lock for 1st teamer with crazy #s of 20 pts., 7 rebs and 5 assists
Jake - averaging 16 and 6 and likely all ACC and if he keeps dropping 31 in big games?
Sy/Dallas - together mainly manning the 5 spot averaging 14 pts and close to 10 rebs. With 2 blocks
Monsanto - this kid is a wildcard and a stat stuffer when you see he’s averaging 10 pts and 7 rebs in only 16 mins per game in his first 2 games back after major injury. All ACC player if kid is playing all year and wasn’t sharing mins because team depth.

Has to be asked as I don’t remember any other teams having stud pickups via portal like this group.

Go Deacs!

Forbes is a good recruiter in general, but man does he have a story to tell to guys in the portal. 5/5 in players making a huge contribution to a likely tourney team.

Looking like 3 top 50 players in this transfer class easily.

Monsanto may be the guy who makes the difference between finishing top 4 in ACC and outside that group. He' like an old days mid year transfer who had to sit a year and start playing mid season.

It's going to be extremely rare for a team to have a late season addition of a player of that capability, now with the portal and instant eligibility rules.

Last edited:
Forbes is a good recruiter in general, but man does he have a story to tell to guys in the portal. 5/5 in players making a huge contribution to a likely tourney team.

Yeah. Narrative can firmly switch from talking about ACC minutes, facilities, academics, etc. solely (which, don't get me wrong, are all good things) to we're an NCAAT already, we turned Manman, Jake, Davien, etc. into top ACC talent. A whole different part of the portal is on the table now.

Obviously Joe burrow, hurts and KWIII are some of the biggest FB transfers but has there even been a bball transfer that went onto be all conference for a power 5 conf? Much less 2 and maybe 3 in one class??

Obviously Joe burrow, hurts and KWIII are some of the biggest FB transfers but has there even been a bball transfer that went onto be all conference for a power 5 conf? Much less 2 and maybe 3 in one class??

I mean, that Hank Gathers / Bo Kimble class might have been just a tad better. That was pre power 5 though.

Check Baylor�s lineup last year that won an NCAA title.

I mean, that Hank Gathers / Bo Kimble class might have been just a tad better. That was pre power 5 though.

Didn’t realize they were transfers to Loyola but that is a pretty tough combo if so. Surprised not more of a story there given how they put Loyola into spotlight.

Monsanto may be the guy who makes the difference between finishing top 4 in ACC and outside that group. He' like an old days mid year transfer who had to sit a year and start playing mid season.

It's going to be extremely rare for a team to have a late season addition of a player of that capability, now with the portal and instant eligibility rules.

Must spread pos rep.

The team needed offensive boost, rebounding and more D off the bench. Monsanto delivers

I expected LaRavia and Monsanto to be good. We’ve gotten so much more from Walton and Sy than I thought possible. ManMan has been otherworldly. He plays with such joy and abandon. The most shocking thing to me is how quickly they’ve jelled and enjoy playing with each other. It’s awesome to be good again.

“ManMan has been otherworldly. “

He does so many things so well. For example, there hasn’t been enough talk about last night’s one-handed mid-air steal. Wowzer.

“ManMan has been otherworldly. “

He does so many things so well. For example, there hasn’t been enough talk about last night’s one-handed mid-air steal. Wowzer.

He also had a double handed block early in the first half that was spectacular

I've never seen a player develop seemingly out of nowhere, at the end of his career, to the extent that ManMan has. It's an utterly unique developmental trajectory and a testament to Steve Forbes, seeing what he could do and putting him in a position to thrive.

I was thinking JHo had a huge improvement his senior year, and he did. Unanimous ACC POY. But looking at his stats, the jump wasn't as great as I remembered. Still, it's a similar situation, minus the transfer part.

If I remember correctly, he was probably going to declare for the NBA after his junior year if he didn’t have lingering high ankle sprain issues.

Back