• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: WF hosts ND - Saturday 1 pm - Bally Sports

Sy played great. It seems when Walton is off a bit then Sy steps up and visa versa. Love both those guys.

They make a great tag team in the low post. Also, they have figured out how to play beside each other in the big lineup, both on offense and especially on defense. Opponents really have a hard time shooting over top the big lineup.

Sy is a physical player, but he never agrees with the ref when called for a foul!

Mucius, Williamson and Monsanto were more in the "forget about me and I will make you pay" mode as part of the offense today. Williamson and Mucius with very timely threes this afternoon.

Forbes is the best, his substitutions are always on the money for the most part and he makes adjustments at half time He is the real deal

Forbes is the best, his substitutions are always on the money for the most part and he makes adjustments at half time He is the real deal

It's like he reads scouting reports and watches what the other team is doing to exploit his defense and stop his offense. Then he makes some changes to improve the offense and tighten up the D. Like his decision to go big at the end of the game today.

I watched this game a second time, and something struck me that I never thought of in real time. Was there a band? I never heard the fight song.

Maybe it was only during commercials. The Joel sounded loud. I bet it would have sounded really loud with the band.

I watched this game a second time, and something struck me that I never thought of in real time. Was there a band? I never heard the fight song.

Maybe it was only during commercials. The Joel sounded loud. I bet it would have sounded really loud with the band.

Band is not allowed to play while the game is active. They play during the TV timeouts and half time.

Thanks. I should have known that. Guess it's been too long since I've actually attended a game. Lost decade plus Covid.

At halftime he studies 1st half video and then makes the adjustments with the team..... go figure.

COACHING! :thumbsup:

i don’t think there’s much significance to it regardless, but i’d be curious about mucius 3 point shooting splits for the first and last 5 minutes of games vs the middle 30. feels like he’s 50%+ for the former and 20% the latter.

Okay so I decided to run the numbers on this.

Used play by play pages from each game on ESPN.com (they didn't have play by play for Emerald Coast Classic so these numbers don't include those two games)

In the First 5/Last 5/OT Mucius is 21/48 from 3 for 43.8 %
In the Middle 30 of the game he is 36/101 for 35.6%

In ACC play numbers are 12/29 (41.4%) in First 5/Last 5/OT and 24/67 (35.8%) in Middle 30

So he is indeed better, just not as drastically as it feels like.

I know this … when it’s a close game with 2 mins left and Mucius is open, I’m yellling , “Burn it”, just like Forbes !

Remember when Mannequin used to take a player out as soon as they showed any semblance of getting hot on the offensive end? That was and always will be an incredibly being tendency of his, particularly remember it during JC's last year.

I know this … when it’s a close game with 2 mins left and Mucius is open, I’m yellling , “Burn it”, just like Forbes !

In crunch time opposing defenses gravitate toward Manman and Jake, leaving Mucius more open. The Charlotte game winner is the classic of that. Manman drew multiple defenders and passed to a wide open Mucius in the corner for the game winner.

At halftime he studies 1st half video and then makes the adjustments with the team..... go figure.

COACHING! :thumbsup:

I have been blessed to sit 3-6 rows behind the bench for multiple games including yesterday and during timeouts, coaches are using video snips on tablets of offensive or defensive actions and responses by the other team. There is a video coordinator sitting in the first scorers table seat beside the coaches continuously running back and forth thru videos all game. They are wired.

I have been blessed to sit 3-6 rows behind the bench for multiple games including yesterday and during timeouts, coaches are using video snips on tablets of offensive or defensive actions and responses by the other team. There is a video coordinator sitting in the first scorers table seat beside the coaches continuously running back and forth thru videos all game. They are wired.

That video coordinator is none other than Chris Forbes.

Back