• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phil Mickleson

I really don't think Monahan would take an open illegal stance for the PGA Tour. I mean come on. The PGA Tour has David Miller (at least I think he's still there) and a stable of smart attorneys on staff. It's not exactly the staff from The Veep.

Seems like the Saudi Tour would be the logical landing spot for former prominent golfers that can't really cut it on the PGA tour, and aren't quite old enough for the Champions Tour, or feel like they are above grinding on the Champions Tour. Guys like Westwood, Luke Donald, Jim Furyk, Graeme McDowell, Martin Kaymer, Mickelson, Adam Scott. If it survives, there will be a few rogue players like Bryson who may also go for the money grab. Have no idea if the PGA can enforce a lifetime ban on a player that leaves the PGA Tour to play on a rival tour. Funny to me that DR acts like he knows the answer when seasoned golf/law people agree that the issue is murky. If we could only be as perceptive as DR. Loves to jump to make impulsive statements and then refuses to ever backdown.

Or clarify his terse and bald assertions when asked.

Completely agree as to what the make-up of the $audi tour will likely be.

3ri04hgx80l81.jpg

It's BS that the PGA Tour dude who doesn't win that often / isn't a top ranked golfer / makes funny comments on Twitter / trolls people / does other stuff that goes semi viral didn't get any of the PIP money. Dude tries super hard on the Tweets and definitely deserved some money.

EDITED TOO ADD HIS NAME - Max Homa. https://twitter.com/maxhoma23. Maybe if I had known this right off the bat he would have gotten a share.

Giving Tiger Woods $8 million for getting media attention primarily from causing a horrific accident is just a tone death move during a pandemic and war.

The big shock of that list to me was Bubba in 10th. I thought he retired 3 years ago.

LOL. Suprised John Daly wasn't higher on the list.

Agree strongly Homa should have cashed somewhere on this list.

Pat Perez and Kevin Kisner are awesome too and move the needle in great ways for golf.

It's BS that the PGA Tour dude who doesn't win that often / isn't a top ranked golfer / makes funny comments on Twitter / trolls people / does other stuff that goes semi viral didn't get any of the PIP money. Dude tries super hard on the Tweets and definitely deserved some money.

EDITED TOO ADD HIS NAME - Max Homa. https://twitter.com/maxhoma23. Maybe if I had known this right off the bat he would have gotten a share.

He's also a good dude and is risible with his critiques of swings. Was happy to see him win at Riviera last year.

It wasn't about just social media though. Homa has some golf hipster fanbois. Bubba had a book release this past year and did the TV circuit IIRC.

Hideki is surprising miss given how huge he is overseas. Japan LOVES golf.

It wasn't about just social media though. Homa has some golf hipster fanbois. Bubba had a book release this past year and did the TV circuit IIRC.

Hideki is surprising miss given how huge he is overseas. Japan LOVES golf.

Andy Johnson had a solid rant about PIP/Hideki on today's SGS. And by rant I mean Andy Johnson being Andy Johnson

Andy Johnson had a solid rant about PIP/Hideki on today's SGS. And by rant I mean Andy Johnson being Andy Johnson

He is hilarious. I exchanged a bunch of messages with him when he came to town and wrote up Reynolds Park.

Back