• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 30: Louisville @ LJVM - 7 pm Saturday - ACCN

After watching the press conference with Dallas, that dude is really easy to root for.

This team is easy to root for. They have taken on Forbes' personality. They have fun, enjoy each other, enjoy the game itself, are purposed, intelligent, appreciative, centered and intelligent. How many years have we wasted and lost waiting for this? It is not just the winning, it is the quality of the individuals wearing the Wake jerseys that makes our turnaround so special. Currie knows what he is doing, how special is that for us too.

This team is easy to root for. They have taken on Forbes' personality. They have fun, enjoy each other, enjoy the game itself, are purposed, intelligent, appreciative, centered and intelligent. How many years have we wasted and lost waiting for this? It is not just the winning, it is the quality of the individuals wearing the Wake jerseys that makes our turnaround so special. Currie knows what he is doing, how special is that for us too.
Ever since Wellman left, it feels we are moving from darkness to light.

what a great press conference. Forbes was great as always but Walton is a really good dude to have on the team. We have a very unselfish team. Walton has his ups and downs (mostly ups) but he plays his heart out as do they all. This team will do down as the epic team that brought our program back no matter what remains this season. gotta believe that we beat NC State we are in the NCAA but obviously want to win a few (ie the championship) in the tourney

Is there a video of the Lester three?

I suspect that is the sentiment the BC player was trying to express in the post game clip but couldn't find the words.

What I love about this game is that it was both a blowout and yet we also had to endure a serious run

I’m glad to have made the trip last night. It was a lot of fun, great crowd, and awesome to have a stress free win in such an important game.

It had been a little while since my last trip to the Joel. There’s no question it could use a facelift. I’m totally fine with a new arena. But it’s really not bad. We have a way better situation than State at PNC, which is great for hockey and feels like a cavern for basketball.

By far, the biggest cheer of the night was Lester's three. The crowd was still in their seats and just exploded with cheers.

Yeah... He's been as frustrating as any player this year with his inconsistency, but the potential he's flashed, and demonstrated tonight, is why he's on the floor. And why it's frustrating to see him flounder against teams like Clemson.

Big fan of Uncle Walt.

And his presser was gold. Guy is as likeable as they come.

David Weaver was at the game, talked to him about his time in Ukraine. Really a great, nice guy. Had a couple kids in tow as well.

First time seeing the Twitter vid of Lester's 3, I was pumped to see the reaction of the arena and the bench when it went through the hoop and then BAM! the video ends very abruptly. Most disappointed I've been today. :willynilly:

First time seeing the Twitter vid of Lester's 3, I was pumped to see the reaction of the arena and the bench when it went through the hoop and then BAM! the video ends very abruptly. Most disappointed I've been today. :willynilly:

right around the 10 min mark here

Given Forbes' comments about Curry in the postgame ("My kind of guy" basically), and the coaching change at Louisville, wonder if we'll make a run at him? JC guy, too, after originally committing to Kansas, and we'll def need size/rebounding next year.

Given Forbes' comments about Curry in the postgame ("My kind of guy" basically), and the coaching change at Louisville, wonder if we'll make a run at him? JC guy, too, after originally committing to Kansas, and we'll def need size/rebounding next year.

I'd love to have him. He's a tank.

Back