• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NIT Thread - 2nd round games Sat and Sun

Such a miserable fanbase.

This program has had one post-season bid in more than ten years, and the prevailing sentiment is that playing in the NIT is beneath your attention. Many here act like Forbes should have had this team safety in the dance in two years after the previous incompetents left WF in total disarray. In less than two years, he rebuilt the roster, rejuvenated the program and completely changed the direction. Instead of appreciation, we have a bunch of brats posting here like they are above caring about a program that missed an NCAA bid by a bees dick.

All of you with that attitude, go root for Duke or Kentucky and don’t bother coming back. Just pathetic.

Why can’t this be on ACCN? It’s at an ACC home arena.

Because ACCN thinks we all want to watch the Wuffies play Coastal Carolina in baseball (which is what's scheduled). Just for that, I'll be rooting for Coastal Carolina (even though they beat us last week).

I did this as a general NIT thread. I assume Pilchard will do the Towson thread.

I'm actually looking forward to it -- I'll watch March Madness religiously regardless of Wake's participation. Now have Wake games looking forward to as well, and I very much enjoy watching this team play

I'm actually looking forward to it -- I'll watch March Madness religiously regardless of Wake's participation. Now have Wake games looking forward to as well, and I very much enjoy watching this team play

Agreed. I’m honestly thrilled to be playing in any sort of postseason. Many years I would’ve taken the CBI, let alone the NIT.

Such a miserable fanbase.

This program has had one post-season bid in more than ten years, and the prevailing sentiment is that playing in the NIT is beneath your attention. Many here act like Forbes should have had this team safety in the dance in two years after the previous incompetents left WF in total disarray. In less than two years, he rebuilt the roster, rejuvenated the program and completely changed the direction. Instead of appreciation, we have a bunch of brats posting here like they are above caring about a program that missed an NCAA bid by a bees dick.

All of you with that attitude, go root for Duke or Kentucky and don’t bother coming back. Just pathetic.

Well said, +1000

Not the right thread for this but Jenn Hoover just tweeted what I interpret as believing Wake got screwed by not making the WNIT….I don’t doubt her love for the team or Wake Forest but they didn’t get screwed and the program isn’t good.

Sorry to interrupt our MNIT thread for this

Forgive me for my NIT ignorance that I hoped to continue to live with, but does this mean A&M would host us if we each win twice? I’d go if so.

Is it really that difficult to see why people don’t care about the NIT, it’s the same as not caring about random shitty bowl games, or division 3 sports. The NIT is the losers tournament that takes a backseat to the main tournament in every single way. Also our team couldn’t even get up for the ACC tournament, something I think more people would care about winning than the NIT. So you need some rose colored glasses to put on to have any optimism the team gets up to play an NIT game in front of 500 fans in a second tier tournament on ESPN+. I don’t think it’s that people don’t think Wake should play in the NIT, or this is fitting for this team, it’s that the NIT shouldn’t even exist.

Steve and Mrs. Forbes and John and Mrs. Currie are donating 1000 tickets for students.

Not the right thread for this but Jenn Hoover just tweeted what I interpret as believing Wake got screwed by not making the WNIT….I don’t doubt her love for the team or Wake Forest but they didn’t get screwed and the program isn’t good.

Sorry to interrupt our MNIT thread for this

Geez. They finished 15-16.

The WNIT has a 64 team field including auto bids for the highest conference team that didn’t make the NCAA. That went to BC at 19-11 who finished 7th. Miami was tied with BC and made it by making the ACC Finals.

14-17 Minnesota got an at-large so I can see why she’d be pissed but still Jen has to blame herself.

Some of you care so little about the NIT that you are posting on this thread about how little you care. Not interested in a losers tournament, why waste your time here telling us about it? I watched [Redacted] and manning coaches teams when we did not have a prayer. I certainly will watch this team play in the NIT.

Back