• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 33: NIT Round 1 - Towson at LJVM - Wednesday 7 pm

If Monsanto would only take good shots and cut out the heat checks from 30 feet and the off-rhythm shots with people in his face, he might never miss. But how in the wide world does he miss 3 free throws in a row?

The next coach that doesn't play a zone against us and doesn't press us needs to be fired immediately.

If we play like we did in this game against VCU, we will lose.

When Jake gets that ball in a zone at the FT line, he needs to take that shot rather than pass out for the low percentage three from one of our average shooters.

I did like that Hildreth seemed to be on the cusp of beating somebody's ass a few times, the fiery ginger that he is.

When Jake gets that ball in a zone at the FT line, he needs to take that shot rather than pass out for the low percentage three from one of our average shooters.

I did like that Hildreth seemed to be on the cusp of beating somebody's ass a few times, the fiery ginger that he is.

It seemed like Towson was attacking Hildreth like he had a known short fuse. He was definitely fired up.

As dirty as they were playing he had every right to be. Just glad he didn't and hurt the team last night or end up suspended for VCU.

If Monsanto would only take good shots and cut out the heat checks from 30 feet and the off-rhythm shots with people in his face, he might never miss. But how in the wide world does he miss 3 free throws in a row?

The next coach that doesn't play a zone against us and doesn't press us needs to be fired immediately.

Yeah, Forbes needs to tell him he doesn't have free reign to just jack it up from where ever or if a guy is right in his face. His potential is so vast though. He's not just a 3 point guy, he can be the whole package with his quickness and athleticism.

Yeah, Forbes needs to tell him he doesn't have free reign to just jack it up from where ever or if a guy is right in his face. His potential is so vast though. He's not just a 3 point guy, he can be the whole package with his quickness and athleticism.

I want Monsanto to shoot it every time he gets the ball. Don't care where he is on the court, who's guarding him, or if he's missed 5 in a row. Best shooter I've seen at Wake since J-Gray.

Very strong Dennis Scott vibes from Bookie. When he is feeling it, you just gotta let him go.

I didn't watch the game, but Whitt getting 0 minutes in the last few games is remarkable. I want him to return next season because I think he's got the potential to make a meaningful contribution to the team and I highly doubt that we will have 13 guys in a better position to do that next year, but I'm starting to think he's gone.

If Jake, Walton, and one of Zeke/Davien come back next year, we will be better than this year and we will make the NCAAT. Jake will be first team all conference, if not ACCPOY. Forbes will bring in a legit PG to handle and distribute, which will cut down on the turnovers that cost us multiple games this year. Monsanto after a year of training will make up for a lot of the scoring we lose with Williams. He won't make up for the passing ability, but a PG will. Cam is the do-everything guy any good team needs, and Marsh will contribute significantly next year. I also think McCray has enough athletic talent to at the very least be a good defender and driver while his shot develops.

But how in the wide world does he miss 3 free throws in a row?

The weird thing to me is that Monsanto didn't just miss all 3 FTs, but he looked almost like the didn't know how to shoot a FT and totally bricked them all.

The weird thing to me is that Monsanto didn't just miss all 3 FTs, but he looked almost like the didn't know how to shoot a FT and totally bricked them all.

Ha ha - yeah, he seemed to get more and more fidgety with each attempt and pretty much had no set routine at all. Then the third one got tipped back to him at the FT line for what would have been a wide open shot, and he just couldn't pull the trigger. I think he would have been more comfortable just firing three straight shots from about 30 feet.

I didn't watch the game, but Whitt getting 0 minutes in the last few games is remarkable. I want him to return next season because I think he's got the potential to make a meaningful contribution to the team and I highly doubt that we will have 13 guys in a better position to do that next year, but I'm starting to think he's gone.

If Jake, Walton, and one of Zeke/Davien come back next year, we will be better than this year and we will make the NCAAT. Jake will be first team all conference, if not ACCPOY. Forbes will bring in a legit PG to handle and distribute, which will cut down on the turnovers that cost us multiple games this year. Monsanto after a year of training will make up for a lot of the scoring we lose with Williams. He won't make up for the passing ability, but a PG will. Cam is the do-everything guy any good team needs, and Marsh will contribute significantly next year. I also think McCray has enough athletic talent to at the very least be a good defender and driver while his shot develops.

Lot of ifs. I hope you are right on them.

I think we lose Laravia, Walton and Mucius (no inside info). I assume at least one of the freshmen will transfer, because this is college basketball and that is what happens. We will, much like last year, be reliant on who we can bring in from the portal.

I'm excited about Monsanto. I assume his legs will get better with an offseason to continue to train/workout. If he can add some off-the-dribble to his game, as well as improve his D, he could be a All-acc caliber guy.

Monsanto sealed the game. Each one of those 2nd-half 3s was a dagger. If he doesn't hit those, I am not convinced we win even though we had a sizeable lead. Even his misses all were close.

Why do people think Jake is going to leave. I guess I just don't really understand that one. But I realize we are in new territory

Forbes made it pretty clear in his postgame presser that no one on the team has free reign to take bad shots. That was in response to a question that was specifically about Monsanto and his shot selection in this game.

It's "free rein" people. Not "free reign." Put some thought into it.

Why do people think Jake is going to leave. I guess I just don't really understand that one. But I realize we are in new territory

Some more recent draft articles are saying he has late 1st/early 2nd round potential. If that is true, seems unlikely he would stay.

Back