• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

Are you pulling for UNC or Duke in the Final 4?

• Duke

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • UNC

Votes: 60 57.1%

• Total voters
And Villanova’s a no-go because I’m mega jealous of their small school success

I would rather hear about the great finale for a retired coach than hear for decades about the great young coach who got his team to the national title game.

The adulation for a retired coach will fade once he no longer coaches. The oohs and aahs for the great young coach who got to the national championship in his first season will be heard every game he coaches for the foreseeable future. So Duke.

And as it was so eloquently stated above:

#ABC. #GTHC.

I grew up in NC and now live in NC. GO EFFFING DUKE!!!!!

If I have to hear "My Tarheels..... " one more time.

They couldn't find Chapel Hill on a fucking map living two hours away!!

Fuck Duke. The last thing I want to hear in 20 years is some asshole from Yonkers recounting to his mouth-breathing future asshole of a kid about how K went out on top. Fuck that and fuck him.

Fuck Duke. The last thing I want to hear in 20 years is some asshole from Yonkers recounting to his mouth-breathing future asshole of a kid about how K went out on top. Fuck that and fuck him.

Do you want some asshole from BFE in the mountains or down east talking about how Hubert Davis started out on top?

Do you want some asshole from BFE in the mountains or down east talking about how Hubert Davis started out on top?

I'll take the risk that Davis never does it again...lightning in a bottle and all that...so--comparatively speaking--yes.

I would rather hear about the great finale for a retired coach than hear for decades about the great young coach who got his team to the national title game.

The adulation for a retired coach will fade once he no longer coaches. The oohs and aahs for the great young coach who got to the national championship in his first season will be heard every game he coaches for the foreseeable future. So Duke.

And as it was so eloquently stated above:

#ABC. #GTHC.

A truly great post

This is an interesting poll. Cases can be made either way. But my gut tells me I should root for K to go out as a loser in the Final 4 to his greatest rival. The desire to see him lose one last time is my primary emotional driver here. I actually wanted Dook to beat Arkansas to set up this opportunity to lose.

I'm rooting for Duke. I know way less Duke fans. I want nothing to do with happy UNC fans who about a month ago, we're talking about how they don't have any talent and wanted to Fire Hubert.

Throw in Putin or Ming the Merciless and the choice gets easier. I refuse to vote and validate either of the evil empires.

My brother is a UNC grad and I hate Duke and K more than I've ever hated anything that has ever existed in sports, so it's a no-brainer for me. I hope Carolina wins by 40.

I only know 2-3 Duke fans, so they don't bother me as much. I can't stand K and the program, but he is done and over with after this weekend. If he wins one more game, oh well.

There is no way in 40 hells I will pull for uNC in anything. Those mouth breathing, arrogant, trashy, pieces of shit that crawl out from under every rock in this state, can go fuck themselves 365 days per year with a giant rubber goat dick.

I don’t live in NC anymore so I don’t have day to day contact with the Walmart Tar Heel fans so I feel like I have lost some of my hatred for them so I have to channel my school days as a kid of growing up in NC and how fucking obnoxious those clowns were.
On the other hand, I’ve never hated a coach as much as I hate coach K. The only coach that rivals that hatred is dean smith when I was much younger , but I kinda feel bad about that now when I found out that dean was actually an exceptional human being. I do not feel that K is an exceptional human being, not even a little.

I'm pulling for Duke to win it all, only to have their Natty Championship to be vacated due to some obscure technicality.

Daughter goes to UNC, have to root for them now. The football rivalry lately has been tough though.

Back