• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Spring Football Game

He said it’s his last year several times over the last month and today(it’s my last chance to do this stuff)and he’s 23 so I’ll take him at his word.

It feels like a lifetime ago he started as a true freshman against Tulane

YO DF07 you see our boy CHUCK WADE is back on staff as an offensive analyst? Bout to break all the records!

I liked Currie flipping the reporter’s question about Wake being a “little engine that could”. Went through all the facility upgrades and concluded by saying that Wake was actually a jet engine. Love it!

I liked Currie flipping the reporter’s question about Wake being a “little engine that could”. Went through all the facility upgrades and concluded by saying that Wake was actually a jet engine. Love it!

Currie seems to have a good feel for the current state of big time college athletics. He obviously wants Wake as close to the top as he can it.

Currie seems to have a good feel for the current state of big time college athletics. He obviously wants Wake as close to the top as he can it.

Currie is working hard to move away from the ah shucks LOWF narrative. I don’t even thinks he wants national media to focus on our size [insert Yoda quote here]. He wants them to look at us as equals to the top programs overall, not just Northwestern, Stanford, etc.

Currie is working hard to move away from the ah shucks LOWF narrative. I don’t even thinks he wants national media to focus on our size [insert Yoda quote here]. He wants them to look at us as equals to the top programs overall, not just Northwestern, Stanford, etc.

Having lived through two previous ADs in Hooks and Wellman, Currie is a breath of fresh air. I've also heard that Dr. Wente is much more in-tune with our athletics than Hatch and has been an ally to our sports programs. I've never met the woman but I've heard this from more than one source. Publicly, her and Currie appear to have a good rapport with one another. I hope so because we're going to need all the support we can get given the changing college athletic landscape.

Both Currie and Clawson do a great job pimping WF. Currie looked like he rehearsed that speech all night. I think Sam talked an entire quarter of the second half with the sideline reporter. All three really talked up the program and I really like Currie's passion.

If you’ve got it, flaunt it.
If it’s fact, it ain’t braggin’.

Currie is just telling it like it is.

Having lived through two previous ADs in Hooks and Wellman, Currie is a breath of fresh air. I've also heard that Dr. Wente is much more in-tune with our athletics than Hatch and has been an ally to our sports programs. I've never met the woman but I've heard this from more than one source. Publicly, her and Currie appear to have a good rapport with one another. I hope so because we're going to need all the support we can get given the changing college athletic landscape.

I’ve heard the same thing. She understands the importance of athletics for the school and she knows winning is the most important thing. It’s not ideal in a perfect world but winning football/basketball programs = academic recruiting and applications

I’ve heard the same thing. She understands the importance of athletics for the school and she knows winning is the most important thing. It’s not ideal in a perfect world but winning football/basketball programs = academic recruiting and applications

Countless examples of sports success leading to an increase in the number of freshman applications, and increased financial support. So much competition for top students and donations, having an elite sports program can be a strong selling point.

Countless examples of sports success leading to an increase in the number of freshman applications, and increased financial support. So much competition for top students and donations, having an elite sports program can be a strong selling point.

Agree....Applications and alum giving exploded at BC during and after the Doug Flutie era.

Wente seems to recognize that athletics can serve as the front porch" for the rest of the university.

I’m not the only 1999 Freshman who may not have had Wake on the radar if not for TD.

You're not watching the game. Edward's started 2nd half for Black

Sorry, I was typing while watching and probably quickly interpreted a shot of Edwards in his dark green QB jersey and mistakenly described him as on the Black squad. (He was a White squad player.)

Dave with some professorial discourse on how our option plays out and the multiple decisions our QB has to make in 1.2 secs. Currie with a nice discussion of the facilities expenditures later echoed by Wes and Roddy. I was disappointed they didn’t show walk thrus or renderings of the McCreary expansion and even the Shah and Sutton bldgs. Sam was delightful discussing culture and process and legacy, all while cracking on teammates hair styles while admitting he is cutting his own to save money.

Also, his funny chiding of the TE's weird haircut, but saying he had a pretty secure relationship with his girlfriend, so no worries" 😄....(he wasn't trying to get attention by impressing the ladies...)

I spoke with Wente at Homecoming. Very impressed. Very personable and easy to talk to. Quite different than Hatch. She had already gotten a small taste of Wake football in that Vandy’s new coach, Clark Lea, is a Wake guy. She has definitely taken a higher profile in supporting Wake sports, per her appearances with Currie and several of our coaches.

Back