• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I meant to comment on the whooping crane post but that’s badass.

Probably gonna make a jump there I’m guessing. Too many years to do anything else right now.

Do you get to keep your pension if you switch districts? Do teachers even get pensions any more?

Also, would you still get to teach in the classroom? I know you joke a lot on here, but you seem to get fulfillment from teaching.

About as tired as I've been at work in over a year. Fuckin A. Worked this weekend both nights, did yardwork all day Sunday, visited Mako's mom late last night. Just a recipe for exhaustion.

Do you get to keep your pension if you switch districts? Do teachers even get pensions any more?

Also, would you still get to teach in the classroom? I know you joke a lot on here, but you seem to get fulfillment from teaching.

Yes and Yes and No which is the shit part. I like being in the classroom.

i need some new shoes. any suggestions? keep in mind that i'm a nearly 50 y/o professional but seldom wear suits anymore, so we're looking for something in the casual/professional realm. if it's on the sneakerhead thread that's probably a no from me dawg

I just spent like 10 minutes trying to find the shoes I'm wearing to link them to you. Adidas. I have no fucking clue though. They are grey with grey soles and black adidas stripes. They go with whatever I wear at the office, look young-ish, but don't offend all the boomers.

what cut jeans are you working with, digs? that's gonna affect the answer

I like my chukka/desert boots for straddling the casual/professional line

I just spent like 10 minutes trying to find the shoes I'm wearing to link them to you. Adidas. I have no fucking clue though. They are grey with grey soles and black adidas stripes. They go with whatever I wear at the office, look young-ish, but don't offend all the boomers.

The label inside Adidas shoes has a model number in it that starts with “ART”

Boone Saloon being #11 in PBR sales will always be wild to me

I am a super fidgety guy and those silicon push bubble things absolutely nailed it

what cut jeans are you working with, digs? that's gonna affect the answer

I like my chukka/desert boots for straddling the casual/professional line

So what jeans are in now anyway? What cut should a fashionable man like myself purchase?

So what jeans are in now anyway? What cut should a fashionable man like myself purchase?

I'm not a big denim guy like df09 -- he's a good resource on that

what I do do is get all my pants tapered -- the levi's 511 fit with tailor tapering is my most common casual pants move

but also a fan of diversity of cuts and styles depending on the wearer -- just helpful to know what that is for someone looking for shoe advice

definitely slim cut jeans - tapered. No baggy looks for me.

i wear these a lot
C31403_A.jpg

yeah, chelsea boot is nice

personally, I don't love a black sole with a brown shoe but it's pretty common

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back