• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 10 Worst fan bases in sports

Which team has the worst fans?

• Total voters
In college, it's WVU and Duke hoops fans - way worse than ND. The Penn St fans who rioted in support of Paterno are up there as well. In pro sports, the worst cities are probably Philly, Boston, New York and Pittsburgh in that order. There is a PA theme developing here.

About a decade ago, the Daily Show did a piece on which city had the douchiest fans between NY and Philly. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.

also any pro sports fan, other than a former pro athlete, who refers to their preferred pro sports team as "we" is by default among the worst

Pretty impressive that Cowboys fans can be as terrible as they are when they've only won 3 playoff games in 25 years.

I voted for Celtics fans because I've never seen a bigger collection of d-bags in one place as I have during this year's playoffs, and I think Boston fans are, overall, the worst, but Dallas is a close second.

IMHO, any list like this should include Maryland fans on it. They're by far the worst I've dealt with, followed closely by Philly fans.

Back