• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you found that they’re super private? I’ve been told that Mormons really stick to their own outside of work.

Definitely a sense of this, though they've taken me to dinner a good amount. Feel a little awkward drinking around them, but they encourage it. I'm sure by now you've noticed the sheer amount of sugar in SLC - soda bars, waffle shops, bakeries everywhere. We have a soda fountain on every floor of our 5 story office, and a different sugary snack on each (peanut m&ms FTW). They must have good genes, or everyone would be fat with diabetes, but Mormons are generally in reasonable shape and above average attractiveness. It would be fun to be single in SLC and try to pick off the recently lapsed Mormon women - bet they're wild.

Life imitates art.

The only thing I know about dog shows is what I learned from Best in Show, but I would have thought that little white patch would be disqualifying.

Also, Hubert didn't win Best in Show. Winky did.

Definitely a sense of this, though they've taken me to dinner a good amount. Feel a little awkward drinking around them, but they encourage it. I'm sure by now you've noticed the sheer amount of sugar in SLC - soda bars, waffle shops, bakeries everywhere. We have a soda fountain on every floor of our 5 story office, and a different sugary snack on each (peanut m&ms FTW). They must have good genes, or everyone would be fat with diabetes, but Mormons are generally in reasonable shape and above average attractiveness. It would be fun to be single in SLC and try to pick off the recently lapsed Mormon women - bet they're wild.

Just don't offer them hot chocolate (No warm beverages). YB, learn about Jack Mormons, they are the ones who are still Mormon but don't do adhere to any of the stuff.

Yes, but I imagine if you are on a dating show on VH1 your cache had to have fallen a little bit since then. I am applauding her ability to fight tooth and nail to get back on top of the marriage heap and reap those benefits.

Also, just read that the English Court ruled she was never actually married to Mick. So what are the chances she got screwed on both divorces?

Does VH1 still exist?

How and why would anyone ever become an internal auditor in this job market? Thousands/millions of other compliance related roles that probably pay the same or better. Everyone hates you at your own company, and your job is basically to try to get people in trouble. Yeah, yeah, I guess they uncover issues and protect the company from more serious regulatory issues down the road, but what a miserable existence.

When I was first getting back into accounting from playing poker the first interview I did was internal audit at the Wynn, but they wanted to send me to China so I didn't consider it.

Just took out like 5 cards from my wallet I never use and I feel like a new man

28ffbadcfc3f4398ccde5dc55a052426.jpg

I made my daughter take this pic just for the boards and now she’s aware that her father is a loser. Totally worth it

If they pitch the jobs right, they could hire plenty of people passionate about uncovering financial crimes and forcing rich people to pay their taxes.

Yeah but you would need the political will to be there from one of the major parties. Neither wants the IRS to be functional.

Yeah but you would need the political will to be there from one of the major parties. Neither wants the IRS to be functional.

This is probably close to the heart of the issue. I think morale at a lot of federal agencies is low because they are all mostly understaffed and have been for years except for the military. It's not because they are hiring people without passion or pride in their work, it's because they are not hiring enough people at all to complete the mission they are tasked with and the ones they do hire get burned out quickly. This is probably getting too political.

speaking of under armour, have they always been blue lives matter-lite?

was noticing some stuff that i figured was FOP apparel but it was just UA

That guy with the lanyard is a big deal around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back