• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
... what?

lol i feel like i'm taking crazy pills now.. i said you hadn't made the case for this volunteering arrangement being bad for the people involved and you responded with

I didn't think I needed to since the legality of the entire setup is very much unclear

which implies the legality of it is what determines the "bad-ness" for them

the one near me has a giant shade over the drive through and big fans blowing, I think heaters from the ceiling in winter

Good because if one of those old people has a heart attack they won't have to try and use their free sandwich card for a ride to the hospital

unclear is synonymous with bad?

phan I need a ruling

are you against any organization having volunteers and providing them food/drink in exchange? just curious

if a local 5k was sourcing volunteers and gave out free food/meals for assistance during the race handing out race packets, is that ok?

How many free sandwiches cards buy you a hip replacement

are you against any organization having volunteers and providing them food/drink in exchange? just curious

if a local 5k was sourcing volunteers and gave out free food/meals for assistance during the race handing out race packets, is that ok?

Is it for profit?

unclear is synonymous with bad?

phan I need a ruling

you tell me! how does the legality being unclear translate to being bad for them (since you said it keeps you from needing to make that case yourself)

comparing a fundraising non profit with a for profit fast food chain seems like a good tack

How many free sandwiches cards buy you a hip replacement

d2388eaf-aeec-4f7f-97bd-eada348459dc_text.gif

Is it for profit?

yes, plenty of race events are run by for-profit orgs

even the non-profits have money and people that make lots of money at the top though

if the alternative is they don't put those events on or people participating have a much worse time as a result of not having those volunteers, does it matter?

C'mon I'm not asking if the race org is for-profit I'm asking if the race is.

You don't race for Chick-fil-A.

comparing a fundraising non profit with a for profit fast food chain seems like a good tack

lol, they're probably more similar than you'd think (just being a non-profit doesn't make you a good org*).. but there are also plenty of race events put on by for-profits too that still ask for volunteers and get them and provide benefits to those volunteers

* https://www.chick-fil-afoundation.org/about-us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back