• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Searching for Foster families for several young dogs

And in honor of the tag:

i-like-turtles-kid.jpg

Yeah, you caught me on the attempted ninja delete. NOT STALKING! I have no idea what company you work for unless you're in the newly refurbished office building across from Pizza Peel that has the name of the company on it (although, I'm not sure they occupy the whole building). Besides, I always go to Taipei Express on Providence Road.

Yeah, you caught me on the attempted ninja delete. NOT STALKING! I have no idea what company you work for unless you're in the newly refurbished office building across from Pizza Peel that has the name of the company on it (although, I'm not sure they occupy the whole building). Besides, I always go to Taipei Express on Providence Road.

yes, in the refurbed building. yes, we occupy the whole thing (well, we have one vendor who is necessarily in the building with us). we just moved in today.

i actually hear about this happening fairly frequently and it blows me away. I know how sad my dog is when I leave for work in the morning, I can't imagine knowing i'm shutting him up with no hope of being found for some time. Once it was a house that was foreclosed on and the dog was like 5 mo old and left for 3 weeks.

My family just adopted a dog that was left in an apartment. She cries when we come home after leaving her alone for a few hours. It breaks my heart, I hope she learns quickly that we'll always come back.

I think I recall seeing a low health rating in there a few years ago. (B something or maybe a C). Nonetheless, I went several months ago since that is where some of my wife's friends wanted to go. It was ok for Chinese food, which isn't my favorite to begin with. Lang Van on Shamrock FTW (excellent Vietnamese food - better than any Chinese food), even though Shun Lee is within walking distance to my house. And, for what it's worth, Walker Drugs in that same strip of stores is excellent.

Hope you find somewhere for the dogs.

The place looks great from the outside. Those apartments down the street, Colwick Arms I think, were purchased with the intent to demolish them and put up an office building as well. BTW and FYI, Pizza Peel has a great beer selection and a good vibe, but the pizza tastes like cardboard.

yes, in the refurbed building. yes, we occupy the whole thing (well, we have one vendor who is necessarily in the building with us). we just moved in today.

Great job on the building. Nice upgrade for the Cotswold area, as well. Hope you and your company enjoy the new office. And if someone would buy my loser neighbor's house, that would be great.

The place looks great from the outside. Those apartments down the street, Colwick Arms I think, were purchased with the intent to demolish them and put up an office building as well. BTW and FYI, Pizza Peel has a great beer selection and a good vibe, but the pizza tastes like cardboard.

the place is awesome on the inside too. we haven't accomplished anything today as we've spent all day staring at all the shiny new things around us (we moved from a total crap hole on independence). and i've been a patron of pizza peel many times. i agree the pizza isn't all that great, but i've never had to wait for a table (which can't be said of mellow mushroom), and the beer makes up for it.

Yeah, good luck with the dogs, that sucks. I love my 2 dogs and they have it made. My old man neighbor has a dog that he keeps outside on a chain 24/7. I've contemplated calling someone, but he's a decent guy and the dog doesn't bark very much or seem too damaged (from a distance at least). But I feel really bad when I think about that dog on really hot or cold days. He has a nice dog house though.

Also, I love that this thread is 1/2 about a rando chinese food place and cotswold offices.

Yeah, good luck with the dogs, that sucks. I love my 2 dogs and they have it made. My old man neighbor has a dog that he keeps outside on a chain 24/7. I've contemplated calling someone, but he's a decent guy and the dog doesn't bark very much or seem too damaged (from a distance at least). But I feel really bad when I think about that dog on really hot or cold days. He has a nice dog house though.

Also, I love that this thread is 1/2 about a rando chinese food place.

Yeah, this thread has been majorly derailed.

Isn't there a new anti-tethering law in Charlotte? I think your neighbor is breaking the law.

Interesting. Not sure if he's breaking the law, but it sucks.

The new law sets limits on the length and weight of chains, and prohibits chains that can become twisted. It also requires pet owners to tether dogs in areas free of obstructions that can tangle a chain, such as a tree or bushes. Violators can receive a citation with a $50 fine.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...aw-on-dog-tethering-starts.html#ixzz1V7rhTym1

I think I recall seeing a low health rating in there a few years ago. (B something or maybe a C). Nonetheless, I went several months ago since that is where some of my wife's friends wanted to go. It was ok for Chinese food, which isn't my favorite to begin with. Lang Van on Shamrock FTW (excellent Vietnamese food - better than any Chinese food), even though Shun Lee is within walking distance to my house. And, for what it's worth, Walker Drugs in that same strip of stores is excellent.

Hope you find somewhere for the dogs.

oh hell yes. pos rep coming your way

Thanks for the rep, Lang Van does rock - love the place.

In the interests of keeping the dogs at the top of everyone's radar, I will also say that Ron at Cotswold BP on the corner beside the new Sonic building is completely honest and otherwise a very likable guy. They have been doing my car repairs for a couple years now. In fact, Ron special ordered some tires for me earlier today, installing on Saturday.

Bump for the dogs.

So, my lawnmower won't start. The repair shop wants $80 bucks to check it out. Fuck that. I've replaced the spark plug and cleaned the filter. Any other thoughts or anybody know a cheap repair guy? Maybe I'll just get a new one because this p.o.s. didn't even bag well when it worked. Anybody know a cheap lawn guy in dilworth area that will cut my grass on short notice? What kind of regular push mower should I get? Do it for the dogs!

I also need a weedeater, but I can never keep one working. The damn line and mixed gas. I love whacking though.

Bump for the dogs.

So, my lawnmower won't start. The repair shop wants $80 bucks to check it out. Fuck that. I've replaced the spark plug and cleaned the filter. Any other thoughts or anybody know a cheap repair guy? Maybe I'll just get a new one because this p.o.s. didn't even bag well when it worked. Anybody know a cheap lawn guy in dilworth area that will cut my grass on short notice? What kind of regular push mower should I get? Do it for the dogs!

I also need a weedeater, but I can never keep one working. The damn line and mixed gas. I love whacking though.

Try spraying carb cleaner into the carbuerator and let it sit a minute, then try and then try again. If it won't start after a few rounds of cleaner, just buy a new one. Or you can find one running on Craigslist for less than 80 bucks.

Bump for the dogs.

keeps the wrists strong.

as for a weedeater, Shindaiwa used to make very good ones.
bought a Toro for grass cutting.

Back