• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Earthquake/Anyone feel that?

can we get a fucking after shock or what? how does this work? i'm really pissed i missed it the first time around.

Was anyone else driving when this happened? I was. I did not feel any rumbling but I got VERY dizzy and I felt like I was about to pass out. I hit the breaks and right as I did everyone in front of me hit their breaks at the same time. Very bizarre.

Was anyone else driving when this happened? I was. I did not feel any rumbling but I got VERY dizzy and I felt like I was about to pass out. I hit the breaks and right as I did everyone in front of me hit their breaks at the same time. Very bizarre.

I was driving on a highway and thought a wheel was coming loose.

bosslady just sent us home. didn't want blood on her hands i guess.

Wait... really?

http://www.wral.com/weather/image_gallery/10034815/

Wakephan?!

I wasn't driving and I did feel the building shake (Winston) but I also felt a little dizzy.

We were out to lunch in Annapolis. Ordered, earthquake, waited an hour in the parking lot, then the restaurant closed. Dang! At least we had our drinks, and didn't have to go back to work!

I'm not going to do a snooty LA thing, I've only been here 3 years and have only felt 2. One was on the 16th floor of a building with rollers, and it was weird, we just swayed back and forth.

But man everyone getting out of work pisses me off.

I'm working in a hospital and we were expecting one of the helicopters coming in with a sick patient, so we assumed that's what it was. Little pissed at the people that must have been texting their friends "zomg did you feel that?" and overloaded the verizon towers...the doc I'm working with was going to text me when he was ready to start a procedure that I wanted to see and the text didn't go through, so I missed it.

Last edited:
StarboardDeac said:
I'm working in a hospital and we were expecting one of the helicopters coming in with a sick patient, so we assumed that's what it was. Little pissed at the people that must have been texting their friends "zomg did you feel that?" and overloaded the verizon towers...the doc I'm working with was going to text me when he was ready to start a procedure that I wanted to see and the text didn't go through, so I missed it.

I mean, it was an earthquake dude. Likely the first and only earthquake many east coast Americans will ever experience. You are surprised that people would try to call or text people afterwards? Or that they would think, "wait, I shouldn't make this call, because somewhere there might be a guy waiting to get a text about watching a procedure, and my call will be the one that prevents this stranger from receiving that text"?

I mean, it was an earthquake dude. Likely the first and only earthquake many east coast Americans will ever experience. You are surprised that people would try to call or text people afterwards? Or that they would think, "wait, I shouldn't make this call, because somewhere there might be a guy waiting to get a text about watching a procedure, and my call will be the one that prevents this stranger from receiving that text"?

Today was my second to last day there, and it was something I hadn't seen yet, so that's why I was slightly annoyed because I'm running out of opportunities. I just talked to some of my friends in town who weren't in the hospital at the time and they felt it a lot more than I did...so I guess I can understand people reacting to it the way they did.

We were out to lunch in Annapolis. Ordered, earthquake, waited an hour in the parking lot, then the restaurant closed. Dang! At least we had our drinks, and didn't have to go back to work!

what restaurant? Bar crawl in Annapolis saturday :woot:

A couple friends and I went out for dinner/drinks and one of our local watering holes was closed due to earthquake-related problems...didn't get the full skinny though

cnnbrk CNN Breaking News
Inspection reveals cracking in stones at top of Washington Monument. It will remain closed until repair #earthquake

The crazy thing about this one was how different it felt than the 2006 Winston-Salem quakes. Those were a rumble and a quick shaking, but this felt more like a swaying, on a boat in the ocean feel. As someone else said earlier, once we realized what it was it was quite surreal.

7kDXs.jpg

Back