• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone know how Katenda's visit went?

If the post grad is a beast in the post, I might be OK with it. A bigger version of Travisa could be contagious.

That would leave us with one for next year. Jankovic is better than Katenda and there are lots of big guys next year.

If we don't bring in a big guy in 2011 the results won't be much better next year. Multiply the fan base's animosity by 10 and that is what Wellman and Bz will have to deal with. If he doesn't bring in a big for next year I don't think he will survive to coach past it.

There isn't a big guy out there who can make a big difference next year. At least not a HS big man.

Maybe a post grad, juco or European, but there are no post players left out there.

We're going to improve next year, but not a lot.

The juco option has been ruled out. Post-grads and Euros are the only options left. A one year banger is exactly what we need and Bz better go get one.

Last edited:
If we don't bring in a big guy in 2011 the results won't be much better next year. Multiply the fan base's animosity by 10 and that is what Wellman and Bz will have to deal with. If he doesn't bring in a big for next year I don't think he will survive to coach past it.

Agreed.

Not having another big man next year will be a big problem.

If the post grad is a beast in the post, I might be OK with it. A bigger version of Travisa could be contagious.

That would leave us with one for next year. Jankovic is better than Katenda and there are lots of big guys next year.

Agree with this.

Jankovic is the better option for us. Not just saying that because it seems on here at least that Katenda does not favor us.

Grew up in the midwest -"Notre Dame, where the men are men and the women are too"

U. Chicago - "Where the students look like Woody Allen and the boys are ugly too."

"Where the only thing that goes down on you is your GPA"

I predict that this thread will blow up with foolish optimism (and a few hilariously dumb in-your-face posts from deacfreke and his alter egos) followed by suicidal world-is-ending posts when he takes his last visit and commits to Notre Dame. Seriously, this is Wake Forest sports people. You can see this coming 10 miles away.

I do think that ND is in the drivers seat since he will visit there last. I am going to remain cautiously optimistic though.

I do think that ND is in the drivers seat since he will visit there last. I am going to remain cautiously optimistic though.

Yeah it's nice to hear him say we are the leader but if he was that sold on Wake he probably would have committed after his visit.

Yeah it's nice to hear him say we are the leader but if he was that sold on Wake he probably would have committed after his visit.

I could be wrong, but I think he was one of the guys that said they were going to take all of their visits regardless. I know that I would if I was trying to make an informed choice.

I predict that this thread will blow up with foolish optimism (and a few hilariously dumb in-your-face posts from deacfreke and his alter egos) followed by suicidal world-is-ending posts when he takes his last visit and commits to Notre Dame. Seriously, this is Wake Forest sports people. You can see this coming 10 miles away.

At least we "lead" now. We would have virtually no chance if ND was in the lead or if we were tied with them.

He visits Iowa (right?) this weekend. Let's see if he throws them in the lead this time next week. That will give us a much better understanding of our chances.

Not convinced we'll sign him, but good to be the leader out of the gate. ND is going to impress him mightily. Hope he stays with us.

At least we "lead" now. We would have virtually no chance if ND was in the lead or if we were tied with them.

He visits Iowa (right?) this weekend. Let's see if he throws them in the lead this time next week. That will give us a much better understanding of our chances.

I'm eager to see if he does in fact make the Iowa trip. I know he liked them early on, but I thought it was down to Wake and ND. He may just be making a courtesy visit there.

I can't blame a kid for wanting to take his visits. You only get one chance in life to go and be the BMOC big time recruit. If they throw in the football practice, even if you're dead set on going to Wake, why not take a trip and have a good time.

Wow, I live in South Bend and trust me this place is not going to knock his socks off. The Spring game, if nice weather out, will draw 30,000 people and nothing about it is going to influence him where to play basketball. Very few people even tailgate for the game. Notre Dame was in the top 5 playing other top 10 teams this season and you could still buy a ticket at the box office 10 mins before tip off. I can honestly say I would have never thought Wake Forest could go 1-15 in ACC & lose to Presby, Stetson, etc, but it will be an even sadder state of affairs if Buzz starts losing head to head recruiting battles vs Mike Brey.

Back