• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Challenge Thread

Worth noting imo:

T.J. Warren (Raleigh, N.C./ Word of God) scored his 40 points in the morning session with a variety of pull-up jumpers, soft-touch floaters and long jumpers. He led the camp in scoring with 28 points per game. His favorites are Georgetown, Wake Forest, Miami, Florida, NC State and Ohio State.

Nice passing and ballhandling skills by both players. They seem like good additions to our basketball program both athletically and academically. I will look forward to watching them in gold and black.

TJ Warren is a 6-7, 215 SF.

Right. Assuming no more roster changes then right now our 2012-13 team looks likes this:

1- TC, Fields, CMM
2- CJ, JTT, Chase
3- Travis, Rountree
4- Tabb, Green
5- Carson, Washington

I would say our last schollie has to go to a 4 or a 5. Of course there have been rumblings that we will have more openings once some of the playing time issues shake out so that could change everything.

Warren is a 95 according to ESPN, and a 4 star. We would take him if we can get him.

Not that I disagree that we would take him, but it seems that just taking the highest rated players we could get without concern for team makeup helped get us into our current state.

Our last recruiting class had a player at each position... we actually have spread out schollies across positions pretty well... except for the fact that Bz can't find a big man.

Our last recruiting class had a player at each position... we actually have spread out schollies across positions pretty well... except for the fact that Bz can't find a big man.

He just recruited Andre Washington. It's not just [Redacted] either though, it's very hard to find a center/big man that is sure to produce at the collegiate level.

He just recruited Andre Washington. It's not just [Redacted] either though, it's very hard to find a center/big man that is sure to produce at the collegiate level.

And then if you do find one of them... they usually jump early.

Yeah but we have another year to wait on Andre.

I'm sure it can't be that hard to find big men better than what we've got now.

It is very hard to find decent big men. There is a much smaller pool to pick from and the demand for them is much higher. I'm sure thats why the staff has been begging and pleading Lekan to come here even though he keeps trying to drop us.

We absolutely need a big man. Yes, we landed Andre Washington but height is not the problem. We need a banger. [Redacted] needs to go out and get someone who is not afraid to stick their ass in someone's gut(no homo) and battle for a rebound. They don't need to be very offensively skilled. Heck they don't even need to be very tall. They just need to not be beanpoles and have some athletic ability. There are more people around like this than you think. Maybe look at guys who play football and basketball in high school. A lot of guys like this end up playing small college football but I'm sure an ACC basketball coach could get one to play big time basketball. When I was in high school I was aware of several people who fit this exact mold. I'm hoping Tabb turns into this player for us. Going in to this year I thought he was our most important recruit. Honestly I think he has the highest ceiling of our current players. If things work out I think he could be very, very good.

It is very hard to find decent big men. There is a much smaller pool to pick from and the demand for them is much higher. I'm sure thats why the staff has been begging and pleading Lekan to come here even though he keeps trying to drop us.

In 2011 you are right. however in 2012, there are a lot of big guys.

Pretty sweet to see our guys as 2 of the 4 standout players at the challenge in that ESPN article, ahead of number 1 2012 PG in the nation Rodney Purvis among others. And Rountree did it on a bum ankle. Me likey.

Also, Rob Harrington of PrepStars really liked CMM. He also had good things to say about Aaron as well. Rob is a very level headed talent evaluator so his opinion is pretty objective.

Back