• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your 5 Favorite Horror Movies Ever

oh wait, I forgot that my top 5 favorite is really

Love Actually
Love Actually
Love Actually
Love Actually
Love Actually

I feel like I have to separate this off into two groups. Pre-Scream and post-Scream. Scream really kicked off an era of self-aware horror movies, and it had a profound effect on the genre as a whole. Horror's my favorite genre, so I've seen a ton of horror flicks, and am no doubt leaving some great ones of the list.

Pre-Scream:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Halloween
The Exorcist
Blue Velvet (falls in between genres, but it has horror elements)
Kwaiden
Suspiria
The Innocents
Dawn of the Dead
Repulsion
Evil Dead
Videodrome
The Fog
Maniac
The New York Ripper

Post-Scream:
American Psycho
Cabin Fever
REC
Zodiac
Inside
The Descent
Wolf Creek
The Devil's Rejects
Pulse (Kairo)
Audition

Sorry for the long list, but I could have gone on for days listing horror movies I love.

EDIT: To answer the question my top 5 would be Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, The Exorcist, Videodrome, and Repulsion.

The Shining
Silence of the Lambs
The Cabinet of Dr Caligari
Scream
The Exorcist

Kwaiden
Suspiria
The Innocents
Repulsion
Videodrome
The Fog
Maniac
The New York Ripper
REC
Inside
The Devil's Rejects
Pulse (Kairo)
Audition

How many of these are available on Netflix? I might have to run through them.

I feel like I have to separate this off into two groups. Pre-Scream and post-Scream. Scream really kicked off an era of self-aware horror movies, and it had a profound effect on the genre as a whole. Horror's my favorite genre, so I've seen a ton of horror flicks, and am no doubt leaving some great ones of the list.

Pre-Scream:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Halloween
The Exorcist
Kwaiden
Suspiria
The Innocents
Dawn of the Dead
Repulsion
Evil Dead
Videodrome
The Fog
Maniac
The New York Ripper

Post-Scream:
American Psycho
Cabin Fever
REC
Zodiac
Inside
The Descent
Wolf Creek
The Devil's Rejects
Pulse (Kairo)
Audition

Sorry for the long list, but I could have gone on for days listing horror movies I love.

EDIT: To answer the question my top 5 would be Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, The Exorcist, Videodrome, and Repulsion.

No Night of the Demon?

Halloween
The Last House on the Left
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Phantasm
Scream
The Serpent and the Rainbow
The Strangers
The Shining

Can't stand the genre for the most part. Only movies I've liked that I've seen mentioned are:

Silence of the Lambs
Blue Velvet (though I don't think of as horror)
Shining
Se7en
The Ring
Jaws, er Moby Dick

Yeah I could slot that, Cat People, I Walked with a Zombie, and The Leopard Man in there with no problem. As I said, I could go on for days listing great horror, but you're right, I should have at least one Tourneur in there.

Val Lewton was a great man.

Just did a cursory look through Netflix at their selection of horror movies streaming instantly. Ones I saw that I would recommend are: Deathdream (from Bob Clark, the guy who directed A Christmas Story lol. He also did Black Christmas which is great), Troll 2 (for shits and giggles), Dolls and Stuck (Stuart Gordon is the man. Seek out Re-Animator and From Beyond if you haven't seen them), Videodrome & The Fly (They also have Naked Lunch, which is one of my favorite Cronenberg films) and The Last House on the Left. Also The Fog, The Thing, Prince of Darkness, They Live, and In the Mouth of Madness, all directed by John Carpenter (They have a lot of John Carpenter streaming. Watch Escape from New York, Starman and Big Trouble in Little China if you haven't seen them). I stopped there cause I have to do other shit. Hope this is of some help to people looking for stuff to watch.

Just thought I would resurrect this thread for Halloween.

My top horror films from 2013 so far:

1. The Conjuring - basically a scarier Amityville Horror, worth the hype.
2. Maniac - A gruesome POV serial killer movie starring Frodo, who owns a creepy mannequin store, what more needs to be said?
3. Antiviral - A sci-fi horror take on the future of celebrity fanaticism directed by the son of David Lynch
4. Evil Dead - A pretty decent re-make of the original with better, more gruesome effects but no Bruce Campbell to cheer for.
5. Jug Face - Just another "hillbilly cult worships evil mud pit that eats people" movie.

Horror films to avoid: Carrie (remake), The Purge, Mama

I haven't seen a seen a single horror film from this year (and maybe from last year either). Can someone give me some titles to seek out this Halloween season?

Can't believe I never posted here.

1. Aliens
2. It
3. Friday the 13th
4. Dawn of the Dead (either)
5. Drag Me to Hell
HM - Evil Dead

p3963_p_v7_aa.jpg

latest

King_Kong_1933_French_poster.jpg

MPW-30800

MV5BNzYwMDA0NTA3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcwNDY3Mg@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg