• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Cheating again

GboroDeac

Reaction score
CJ Leslie supsended for 3 games. I've heard rumors that Lowe's staff was paying handlers and wouldn't be shocked if Gottfried isn't doing the same. Ironic with how State is treating the holes, but it appears they are doing same thing. Holes sacrificed integrity to win football games and state has taken same steps in basketball.

CJ Leslie supsended for 3 games. I've heard rumors that Lowe's staff was paying handlers and wouldn't be shocked if Gottfried isn't doing the same. Ironic with how State is treating the holes, but it appears they are doing same thing. Holes sacrificed integrity to win football games and state has taken same steps in basketball.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. CJ had a car crash a while a go. A friend (who had just graduated from NCSU I believe) lent him his car while his was in the shop. Same guy apparently gave him the money he needed to get a space at an apartment/housing complex. This amount was repaid soon after by CJ. The total amount was $410 and was reported immediately by NCSU, thus resulting in the slap on the wrist. This is nothing like the UNC situation and there is absolutely no information to suggest that Gottfried does anything illegal to get players to come to his program. He has had his issues (college age women) but illegal recruiting and paying players is not one of them.

I like how this poster just started chastising NCSU based on an unsupported allegation of cheating that he made up completely on his own. That's an impressive level of WTF he just achieved.

Why wouldn't they cheat? History has shown it's the only way they can win anything.

I like how this poster just started chastising NCSU based on an unsupported allegation of cheating that he made up completely on his own. That's an impressive level of WTF he just achieved.

I was thinking the same thing... at least it gave me a good laugh.

In his defense, I have definitely read rumors on our boards the past few years about Sidney Lowe paying handlers to get Georgia recruits. That is not a new allegation.

In his defense, I have definitely read rumors on our boards the past few years about Sidney Lowe paying handlers to get Georgia recruits. That is not a new allegation.

It is if we are talking about Gottfried. There's no reason to think (yet) that he's cheating.

Why wouldn't they cheat? History has shown it's the only way they can win anything.

Well it's certainly been shown it's how they'd rather win.

They ran off the best clean coach they've had in the last 40 years.

If Lowe was cheating and was that bad, he really is the worst coach in the history of basketball when you put his college and pro "accomplishments" together.

It is if we are talking about Gottfried. There's no reason to think (yet) that he's cheating.

He has a shady past. He comes in and signs a top 3 class at State? He has coaches on his staff with shady recruiting past. Michael Beasley really wanted to play for Lutz at Charlotte right? Don't give me the just wanted to play for a team assisted by Delonte Hill...I would be very worried if I was State fan.

He has a shady past. He comes in and signs a top 3 class at State? He has coaches on his staff with shady recruiting past. Michael Beasley really wanted to play for Lutz at Charlotte right? Don't give me the just wanted to play for a team assisted by Delonte Hill...I would be very worried if I was State fan.

You continue to strengthen your argument. Keep going!

Check back in when y'all can win anything........period.

880094.jpeg

Seriously?

When you figure out my post, check back in. Until then, I will remain less than impressed with yours.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a NCSU and Maryland fan that were arguing on a Wake Forest message board.

Pretty sure Maryland has won a National Championship in a major sport much much more recent than the pack.
Yes they have the most recent one..........and that is it. After that, their athletic program is well.........cancelling non revenue sports due to lack of funding from revenue sports.

Back