• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

Sounds like the skeleton of the deal would be Rockets would send Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and picks to the Hornets, Hornets send CP to LAL, and Lakers send Pau to Houston.

That can't be the best offer. Martin, Scola, and picks? If they don't end up with Pau, I can't okay that one if I'm Demps. Hold out for Gordon or Curry.

That can't be the best offer. Martin, Scola, and picks? If they don't end up with Pau, I can't okay that one if I'm Demps. Hold out for Gordon or Curry.

I heard another deal where they might be getting Patrick Patterson and Budinger as well. If you have Martin, Scola, Buddinger, Patterson, and some picks, you could build upon that. But I agree that it may not be enough for a guy like CP3.

I heard another deal where they might be getting Patrick Patterson and Budinger as well. If you have Martin, Scola, Buddinger, Patterson, and some picks, you could build upon that. But I agree that it may not be enough for a guy like CP3.

Weird spot if I'm the Hornets, I'm not sure I'd want Scola over West. I'd want Lowry to replace CP3, Martin, Patterson and Budinger. Have a good 8 deep lineup with Lowry/Martin/Jack in the backcourt, Ariza and Budinger at SF, and Oak/West/Patterson in the frontcourt.

Perhaps I take Scola and try and sign and trade west + assets for Granger?

Last edited:
They won't be actually be able to pay Chandler unless Billups is gone, so Billups will be gone one way or another.

This is their attempt to get back in on the CP race. The pity is that CP+Amare+Chandler > CP+Melo+Chandler.

Now if I'm NO though I want nothing to do with a pissed off Amare.

Amare's a grade A douchebag. I would laugh hysterically if he even gets caught up in the rumor mill let alone gets shipped outta NY.

Amare's a grade A douchebag. I would laugh hysterically if he even gets caught up in the rumor mill let alone gets shipped outta NY.

Actually, from what I understand he is not a Grade A douchebag. A little immature but a pro player who keeps his nose clean.

Breaking news from the "they are still the Clippers" file: Caron Butler, 3 years 24 million.

sayonara Chief and Josh Howard to the Spurs I am going to have to assume in the best - we should have got this fucking done 6 years ago category.

Breaking news from the "they are still the Clippers" file: Caron Butler, 3 years 24 million.

all reports are clips think they're just a SF away. Apparantly they like

Mo/Bledsoe
Gordon
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

I'll revisit compare with

CP3
Gordon
Ariza
West
Okafor

Which do you like better?

Mo/Bledsoe
Gordon
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

CP3
Gordon
Ariza
West
Okafor

Too bad Butler hasn't had an above average PER since he was 28 and now he is 32 off of knee surgery.

As to your question, the 2nd team is better although I don't think a title favorite. But I agree with your premise. If the Lakers could get CP and Howard by including Kobe they should do it in a cocaine heartbeat, but they never would.

Mo/Bledsoe
Gordon
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

CP3
Gordon
Ariza
West
Okafor

Why are you listing Gordan with the Hornets??? Confused.

If I was Phoenix, I would try really really hard to get Aminu. I think he would blossom in their/Knicks system, and you could probably get him for Childress and the ghost of Raja Bell.

sportsguy33
Clippers are paying Caron Butler and Ryan Gomes $12 million next season to block Al Farouq-Aminu from playing. You can't make this stuff up.

Also, if Billups is amnestied expect him to take the vet min to play in Miami.

Mo/Bledsoe
Gordon
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

CP3
Gordon
Ariza
West
Okafor

I'd rather have the first one. Keeps all the young talent plus the 2 lottery picks. That second team is not a title contender, and leaves little flexibility for improvement. Plus Paul probably wouldn't sign an extension.

sportsguy33
Clippers are paying Caron Butler and Ryan Gomes $12 million next season to block Al Farouq-Aminu from playing. You can't make this stuff up.

Also, if Billups is amnestied expect him to take the vet min to play in Miami.

I was just about to paste that Simmons quote. This sucks for AFA.

Yeah, and it's not like Gomes and Butler are even very good. Just terrible Clips.

The Cavs would willingly take AFA off of the Clippers hands.

Why are you listing Gordan with the Hornets??? Confused.

If I was Phoenix, I would try really really hard to get Aminu. I think he would blossom in their/Knicks system, and you could probably get him for Childress and the ghost of Raja Bell.

I made a hypothetical trade where if I'm the clippers, I trump all the poo poo offers the Hornets are getting and offer Blake, and basically recreate the 56 win Hornets team from two years ago but have Eric Gordon instead of Morris Peterson, and Aminu, Gomes and Foye on the bench instead of Melvin Ely, Jannero Pargo and Bonzi Wells, and you still keep the Minnesota pick.

I think you win 65 games, and get to the finals twice in the next few years with that lineup.

I think with resigning DeAndre Jordan and Caron Butler and waiting for Gordon and Griffin to mature your ceiling is a 5 seed.

That's a bag of role players. I would hold out for a prize. If you can't get at least one All-star level talent for Paul, you've screwed this up.

Houston would trade those guys for Paul without a moment's thought. Every one of them is replaceable.

I'd rather have the first one. Keeps all the young talent plus the 2 lottery picks. That second team is not a title contender, and leaves little flexibility for improvement. Plus Paul probably wouldn't sign an extension.

Whoops - I forgot in my hypothetical situation I had the clips signing Tyson instead of trading for Okafor. In my scenario they keep all the talent and picks. The clips don't have to loot the store since they included Griffin. They keep AFA and the Minny pick. Probably can keep Bledsoe too if they wanted.

See post above, That team was one of the four best teams in the league with Morris peterson at shooting guard, and Melvin Ely, Jannero Pargo and Bonzi wells as the first three off the bench just two years ago.

Why aren't they a title contender? Who are they not getting past in the West?
Dallas: Letting everyone go for cap room for 2012
Lakers: CP3 beat him twice with Okafor, Landry, Ariza and Marco Bellineli. Plus there's about a 50% this is Artest's blowup year.

I think they get the 1 seed and only have to go through one of Mem/OKC, both of which are toss ups.

Last edited:
Back