• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

Trade bait. AFA is about to get moved, IMO.

The Bobcats should take a look at him. They need a SF, and they can offer up Augustin, Diaw's expiring contract, etc. Clips prolly don't need Augustin, so I guess it's just a pipe dream that AFA would come to Charlotte.

That's a bag of role players. I would hold out for a prize. If you can't get at least one All-star level talent for Paul, you've screwed this up.

Houston would trade those guys for Paul without a moment's thought. Every one of them is replaceable.

Also, the Rockets would be trading away those guys for Pau Gasol, who is a very good player, but is 31 years old. Not sure if it makes sense on their end.

Whoops - I forgot in my hypothetical situation I had the clips signing Tyson instead of trading for Okafor. In my scenario they keep all the talent and picks. The clips don't have to loot the store since they included Griffin. They keep AFA and the Minny pick. Probably can keep Bledsoe too if they wanted.

See post above, That team was one of the four best teams in the league with Morris peterson at shooting guard, and Melvin Ely, Jannero Pargo and Bonzi wells as the first three off the bench just two years ago.

Why aren't they a title contender? Who are they not getting past in the West?
Dallas: Letting everyone go for cap room for 2012
Lakers: CP3 beat him twice with Okafor, Landry, Ariza and Marco Bellineli. Plus there's about a 50% this is Artest's blowup year.

I think they get the 1 seed and only have to go through one of Mem/OKC, both of which are toss ups.

I think that Hornets team was like 4 years ago, not 2 years ago. The league was weaker and they overachieved. I don't see a team who's 2nd best player is a post-ACL tear David West getting a 1 seed. I feel like they'd be in the 4-5 range. And with the wear and tear on several of those guys, they would go downwards in the following seasons. Maybe I'm way off on that, but that'd be my opinion.

Ugh. The Cavs would be really dumb to amnesty Baron Davis right now.

I think that Hornets team was like 4 years ago, not 2 years ago. The league was weaker and they overachieved. I don't see a team who's 2nd best player is a post-ACL tear David West getting a 1 seed. I feel like they'd be in the 4-5 range. And with the wear and tear on several of those guys, they would go downwards in the following seasons. Maybe I'm way off on that, but that'd be my opinion.

I'd think West would be your 3rd best player behind Gordon. I think you absolutely can win a title with David West as your 3rd best player.

So Butler turned down an even better offer from the Nets, 4yrs 30 million. I think between that and Outlaw, we can count the nets out of retaining Deron since Prorokov has no clue.

Dallas is setting themselves up for a run at Deron by not extending Jet, and letting Tyson and Barea go.

I'd think West would be your 3rd best player behind Gordon. I think you absolutely can win a title with David West as your 3rd best player.

I think you might be able to win a title with West as your 3rd best player, or Gordon as your 3rd best player, but I don't think you can win a title right now with either as your second best player.

So Butler turned down an even better offer from the Nets, 4yrs 30 million. I think between that and Outlaw, we can count the nets out of retaining Deron since Prorokov has no clue.

Dallas is setting themselves up for a run at Deron by not extending Jet, and letting Tyson and Barea go.

Ya.

Part of me really feels bad for Dirk. Wins a Championship, watches brass let the team go.

At the same time I understand the dilemma. Resign the team, risk the future. Let everyone go, hopefully piece young stars around Dirk, risk the next year

Interesting note that they offered Chandler a whopping 20 million to sign a one year deal. Also dangling him on sign and trades. Unfortunately looks like he will sign before a deal is worked

Re-signing Caron Butler and Wilson Chandler to exorbitant contracts was not good business. Letting them go is way better for the team in the long and short run, anyway.

Kevin Martin scores a lot and also takes plenty of shots and his teams are usually sub-par. Do NOT want.

Martin has like the best TS% in the league. He gets to the line tons and shoots 3's. His defense is where he gets slaughtered.

Pair him with Lowry and Ariza at the 1/3 and you can probably hide him. If he's with a weak defender at either the 1/3 its trouble.

OH. EM. GEE.

WojYahooNBA
The Hornets are near a deal to send Chris Paul to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, league source tells Y! Sports.

I mean it's probably the only deal that would make all parties somewhat happy. The NBA just needs to turn into like 12 teams apparently. There's no way even midsize markets can compete now.

Great deal for the Lakers, you don't pass us a chance to get Paul, especially with it looking like Howard isn't moving for a while. Still, who the hell do they pair with Gasol in the frontcourt?

Great deal for the Lakers, you don't pass us a chance to get Paul, especially with it looking like Howard isn't moving for a while. Still, who the hell do they pair with Gasol in the frontcourt?

Yeah where does Howard end up now? No chance the Lakers get him with Bynum going in the CP deal.

I'm the biggest CP3 homer in the world, but I don't think this really helps the lakeshow much. Trading 2/3rds of their biggest advantage over the rest of the NBA for a PG? They must be taking Okafor back I guess.

Yeah no idea where Howard is going to end up.. his list was basically 1 team: the Lakers.

Back