• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

Dear please God. CP3 to the Celts would be so ridiculously awesome.

CP3 on any decent team would be fun to watch.

I could murder the Atlanta Spirit group for not drafting him.

Paul to Josh Smith w/ Joe Johnson would have made the Hawks a real contender.

Get it Bcats. If we amnesty Maggette we're gonna be beyond awful, hell we'll be bad with him though.

Get it Bcats. If we amnesty Maggette we're gonna be beyond awful, hell we'll be bad with him though.

Good. Let's give the young guys (Kemba, Bitchsmack, Tyrus, etc.) as much playing time as possible. This upcoming draft is gonna be good as fuck, so I say bombs away.

Edit: We need to move Augustin for either a pick or an expiring contract or something, and with Diaw an expiring we need to try to move him for a pick. Stockpile those picks baby. You will be able to get some great players in the bottom half of the first round in this draft. And I would think they might be more likely to Amnesty Diop than Mags, but either one would be fine.

Last edited:
Yeah I hope Biyombo gets out of his contract situation and can make it over this year. I AM excited to see Kemba.

Teach me how to Kimba.

I'm fired up about this franchise right now. Really high on Cho in the office, feeling good about Jordan's appeal to potential free agents, and with the amnesty we can get rid of some mistakes from the past (I'm hoping we use the amnesty on Diop).

I'm just excited about the future if we can snag a good draft pick. Who do we think would fit into the Kemba/Biyombo/Tyrus future mold?

Yeah I hope Biyombo gets out of his contract situation and can make it over this year. I AM excited to see Kemba.

Teach me how to Kimba.

I'm fired up about this franchise right now. Really high on Cho in the office, feeling good about Jordan's appeal to potential free agents, and with the amnesty we can get rid of some mistakes from the past (I'm hoping we use the amnesty on Diop).

I'm just excited about the future if we can snag a good draft pick. Who do we think would fit into the Kemba/Biyombo/Tyrus future mold?

I haven't looked too much into the specific players that will be available in this draft, but lets say we have a top 10 pick and then somehow procure a pick in the 20's.

With the top 10 pick I'd say we go for a wing player. 2 choices here that I see: Harrison Barnes and Quincy Miller. Obviously Barnes would bring in the fans, but I'd love to see how Miller could fit in with the team. A frontcourt of Miller/Biyombo/T2 would be freakishly long and athletic, albeit somewhat offensively challenged.

In the 20's I go for a SG, someone who can really fill it up. Someone like William Buford would be nice, though I'm not sure how great of a 3 point threat he is. NBADraft.net has Tim Hardaway Jr. going at 17 right now. I'd love to be able to get him.

Other than that we go the Free Agent route, sign a veteran or two, guys who are still efficient and can also mentor the young guys. I don't know is Bismack can be an every day center in the league, but if we can get Kwame back for relatively cheap I'll be happy.

So yeah, I think things are looking up for the Bobcats, and I'm elated that we have a guy like Cho making the decisions.

Chris_Broussard
Boston offered Rondo & Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook & KPerkins after last season's playoffs. OKC was not interested, sources say.

Ainge really doesn't like Rondo huh? He's been trying to trade him for 3 years.

How about this:

Clippers get - CP3 and Howard
Magic gets -Okafor, Farouq + 2 1st round picks
Hornets get - Kaman, Jordan, Williams, Gomes

Let me love you B-cats.

If we are presuming that the team will be built around a core of DJ Augustin, Kemba Walker, Corey Maggette, Bismack Biyombo, and Tyrus Thomas, I would first try to trade pieces of the roster for a good big man (easier said than done) and draft a wing scorer (I don't anticipate Maggette being around for very long). I like Brad Beal, Harrison Barnes, or Jeremy Lamb depending on how the rest of the season goes.

Wizards need to get Rashard off the books, re-sign Nick Young, draft Sullinger or Barnes, and shock the world by signing Dwight.

John Wall
Nick Young
Vesely
Sullinger
Dwight Howard

ETA: I'm assuming Paul and Howard will be dealt before the deadline, so I doubt LAC can offer enough to get both of them. I'd like to see Paul and Griffin together in LA, and the Zards giving up McGee/Crawford/2012 1st/Vesely for Howard.

Last edited:
How about this:

Clippers get - CP3 and Howard
Magic gets -Okafor, Farouq + 2 1st round picks
Hornets get - Kaman, Jordan, Williams, Gomes

Haha I like that in a 3 way trade proposal landing them both guys, the Clips don't even give up Gordon or Bledsoe. Aggressively unrealistic.

Back