• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

If the Clippers get CP3 and D-Ho w/o giving up AFA, then I'll be buying the NBA package and 4 shirzeys. That would be my SQUAD.

If the Clippers get CP3 and D-Ho w/o giving up AFA, then I'll be buying the NBA package and 4 shirzeys. That would be my SQUAD.

Join me in officially jumping on the Clippers bandwagon now. I'm gonna get silly this spring cheering on AFA and B-Geezy.

Screw you, Bobcats!

Join me in officially jumping on the Clippers bandwagon now. I'm gonna get silly this spring cheering on AFA and B-Geezy.

Screw you, Bobcats!

After the Bobcats, the Clippers are easily the team I watched the most last year. If only Del Negro would better utilize AFA. Most of the time last year AFA would just go stand in the corner on every play. But that's a really fun team to watch.

How are the Clippers going to beat the Nets proposal for Howard?

By trading the sink. Jordan, AFA, and Gordon. They have more of what Orlando will want--young cheap talent. If the Clips agree to take back Hedo in the deal, I can't see Orlando saying no.

The Clips will then not be able to get CP3, but they seem to have Howard as their priority.

How are the Clippers going to beat the Nets proposal for Howard?

Not sure how they could realistically swing CP3 and Dwight... but Bledsoe, AFA, Deandre (need to resign), Kaman, Eric Gordon are all decent to great trade bait.

FTC definitely chose the right title to get this thread going.

Great job Danny Ainge! You've managed to both a) not get Chris Paul and b) guarantee that Rondo will be sulking around the whole year.

Well done.

This. Maybe do a little legwork before leaking interest in a trade you can't pull off that will alienate a sensitive but vital player on your team.

Nets looking at sending Brook Lopez plus two first round picks for Dwight Howard (and taking on Hedu's contract). The problem with first round picks for Howard is that any team who acquires DH12 will instantly become a playoff team. I know they'll wait until the trade deadline, but Lopez plus two picks in the 20's doesn't sound enticing. Deron Williams and Howard could fight for a top 3-4 spot in the East even if it doesn't happen until the deadline.

I still think a team with young talent has the best shot. Wizards sending McGee, Vesely, and Crawford plus a first or two :thumbsup:

Howard is leaking he wants a big, warm weather market... with LA and Dallas as his top two choices. I hadn't heard Dallas before and have no idea how that would be possible.

I wish the Wiz all the best, and I think they'll definitely morph into a decent squad as ownership rights the ship and John Wall matures, but there's no chance Dwight Howard ends up there.

Yikes what does Dallas have to offer Orlando? At least the Clippers have something to ship out.

If Howard is even considering Dallas, I think that says a lot about how great Mark Cuban has been in making that team a desirable spot for NBA players. Could you imagine a player of Howard's calibur considering Dallas even ten years ago?

Last edited:
Howard is leaking he wants a big, warm weather market... with LA and Dallas as his top two choices. I hadn't heard Dallas before and have no idea how that would be possible.

If the Clips get Howard on the same team as Griffin, they might as well install breakaway rims.

I still think he'll end up in NY. There's no way the knicks keep all their baggage and can at least get somewhat closer to that 40mil gap...but it all depends on how much he wants to be with his buddies Melo and Amare.

Furthermore, CP3 might demand a trade and sign an extension, which would still allow for a max contract a la Carmelo, but the Knicks don't really have shit to give for it.

You can admit all you want, but we lost one of those games in OT and we we had a big lead in the fourth quarter in another. With Rondo playing one-armed. Without a post presence.

Holy shitsnacks, you're insufferable. Did you actually watch the games? I loved Zombie Rondo as much as anyone (his Game 3 performance was one of the coolest things I've ever seen happen in sports), but they were not winning that series. Period. The OT loss you cite was the clearest example of that-- the Celts were struggling just to hang with Miami when they played on the road there.

Celtics fans are some of the worst in all sports.

Check that, actually. Boston fans are the worst. Celtics fans just happen to fall under than umbrella.

That's not fair... a lot of batshit crazy morons have joined the assorted Boston bandwagons over the past decade. Don't lump us all in with them!

Back