• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

Holy shitsnacks, you're insufferable. Did you actually watch the games? I loved Zombie Rondo as much as anyone (his Game 3 performance was one of the coolest things I've ever seen happen in sports), but they were not winning that series. Period. The OT loss you cite was the clearest example of that-- the Celts were struggling just to hang with Miami when they played on the road there.

That's not fair... a lot of batshit crazy morons have joined the assorted Boston bandwagons over the past decade. Don't lump us all in with them!

Insufferable? Go fuck yourself. Just because you can't deal with people hating on the Celtics doesn't mean you have to pander to all these idiots and throw a fellow Celtics fan under the bus.

Insufferable? Go fuck yourself. Just because you can't deal with people hating on the Celtics doesn't mean you have to pander to all these idiots and throw a fellow Celtics fan under the bus.
I can deal with people hating on the Celtics. I'm a Patriots fan, for fuck's sake. Teams I follow are pretty widely hated.

What I can't deal with are pink-hatted fucks that are inexplicably as biased as a lovechild between Jack Edwards and Bill Reynolds.

Are you calling me a pink hat? My handle here is bigdoublezero for christ sake.

RedSoxFaithful pushing hard for my ROY vote. Love it.

You know you're a pussy Boston fan when phan thinks you're awesome.

Are you calling me a pink hat? My handle here is bigdoublezero for christ sake.

No, I'm not calling you a pink hat. But the way you're acting in this thread is the reason that Boston fans have the negative stigma that they carry, and that includes a sense of entitlement or irrationality that is shared by the vast majority of pink-hatters. I'd argue that that's worse than being a pink hat.

You know you're a pussy Boston fan when phan thinks you're awesome.

I don't really understand what "pussy Boston fan" entails. If it means that I'm not spouting off an endless stream of bullshit to support a false sense of entitlement, then sure, I'm a pussy Boston fan.

Last edited:
Entitlement? Do you even understand what that means?

We endured over a decade of misery. Now we have assets. I think Danny Ainge can turn those assets into something so we don't backslide. I think with an intact, pre-All Star Break starting five, we would have beat Miami last year (and maybe could have done it with a healthy Rondo minus Perk).

If that's insufferable bullshit to you, you're pandering to the anti-Boston dicks around here. I guess that makes you a yellowhat.

Shit just got real.

What assets do the celts have? Rondo and Pierce are the only players that would get much value in a trade.

Entitlement? Do you even understand what that means?

We endured over a decade of misery. Now we have assets. I think Danny Ainge can turn those assets into something so we don't backslide.
Jesus fuck. You can't be serious.

"A decade of misery"? Are you out of your goddamn mind? The Celtics are the most successful NBA franchise of all-time. I can only assume that the decade you're talking about is '92-'02, which was bookended by a division championship and a Eastern Conference Finals appearance. Actually, given your post, it sounds like you're talking about the "decade" ending in 2006, which included 4 playoff appearances, including that ECF run.

Implying that any stretch of this is miserable is the very fucking definition of entitlement. Do you want to see some miserable NBA franchises? Check out the Clippers. Check out the Grizzlies. Check out the Warriors. But holy fuck, if you're looking at the Boston Celtics, you're looking in the wrong place.

I think with an intact, pre-All Star Break starting five, we would have beat Miami last year (and maybe could have done it with a healthy Rondo minus Perk).

If that's insufferable bullshit to you, you're pandering to the anti-Boston dicks around here. I guess that makes you a yellowhat.

What? "Intact" is the main problem here. I don't know if your memory is nonexistent or what, but Ainge traded Perk because a.) there was literally no reason to expect he'd be back that season and b.) the big three are a combined 476 years old, so c.) a younger, more athletic chip like, say, Jeff Green, might be useful to him.

What really gets me in your post is this:
maybe could have [beaten Miami] with a healthy Rondo minus Perk

Seriously? Was Rondo not healthy when we got our asses handed to us in Games 1 and 2? Was there anything in either of those two games to indicate that we'd be able to outlast Miami on the road? If so, I sure as hell missed it.

So yeah, you're spouting insufferable bullshit. I'm not pandering to anybody. I think the Celtics have another title run in them, and I think that they can give Miami and Chicago a significant run in a shortened season. But you're showing an intense disregard for logic by claiming anything more.

And the one year left on his contract? No thanks.

Who knew the first Boston argument on this thread would be Celtic fan v Celtic fan?

Jesus fuck. You can't be serious.

"A decade of misery"? Are you out of your goddamn mind? The Celtics are the most successful NBA franchise of all-time. I can only assume that the decade you're talking about is '92-'02, which was bookended by a division championship and a Eastern Conference Finals appearance. Actually, given your post, it sounds like you're talking about the "decade" ending in 2006, which included 4 playoff appearances, including that ECF run.

Implying that any stretch of this is miserable is the very fucking definition of entitlement. Do you want to see some miserable NBA franchises? Check out the Clippers. Check out the Grizzlies. Check out the Warriors. But holy fuck, if you're looking at the Boston Celtics, you're looking in the wrong place.

What? "Intact" is the main problem here. I don't know if your memory is nonexistent or what, but Ainge traded Perk because a.) there was literally no reason to expect he'd be back that season and b.) the big three are a combined 476 years old, so c.) a younger, more athletic chip like, say, Jeff Green, might be useful to him.

What really gets me in your post is this:

Seriously? Was Rondo not healthy when we got our asses handed to us in Games 1 and 2? Was there anything in either of those two games to indicate that we'd be able to outlast Miami on the road? If so, I sure as hell missed it.

So yeah, you're spouting insufferable bullshit. I'm not pandering to anybody. I think the Celtics have another title run in them, and I think that they can give Miami and Chicago a significant run in a shortened season. But you're showing an intense disregard for logic by claiming anything more.

If you don't think the Celtics were a miserable franchise for an extended period of time, maybe you're one of those entitled Boston fans you're complaining about. Too busy caring about the Pats and Sox?

Ainge traded Perk because we couldn't afford to resign him. Jeff Green is garbage. He was for OKC before the trade, and he is as a Celtic.

And how can you definitively say we couldn't beat the Heat last year with a better/healthier squad but then say, "I think the Celtics have another title run in them, and I think that they can give Miami and Chicago a significant run"? If you don't think we could have done it then, we definitely can't do it now.

Anyhow, these are the kind of arguments that sports fans can have. You think one way about a team you're passionate about, I think a different way.

What pisses me off is you're so worried about people crapping on Boston fans that you have to go out of your way to call me an asshole just because I think the Celtics could have done better last year. Guess what? People despise Boston sports on this board. They're going to shit on you no matter what.

Ray Allen is probably the biggest chip after Rondo.

Jeff Green. That's why the trade happened last year even though it ended up costing us come playoff time. We weren't winning that series even if Rondo didn't get hurt. Perk would have helped a ton, but I'm not certain that even that would have been enough.

I'd love to have Paul. I'm not even a huge fan of jerseys, but I'd buy a CP3 Celtics jersey in about 2 seconds. I have no idea how the Celtics would be able to pull in another star that would make CP3 reconsider though. They better win it this shortened year if they plan to win another title, because it could be a while before they're relevant again after this season.

Back