• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

Its tough... the "knicks" trio is more balanced but the heat have the two best players. But then the heat also have the worst player of the six. Then the "knicks" would be bad defensively... but I don't know that the heat could slow down CP3.

Worst case is the heat getting battier, dalembert, and baron davis. It'd be game over.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the new "amnesty" program is wild.

Each team can void a contract. The player becomes a free agent. Then there is a blind bidding process to get the guy.

WOW!!

And they don't have to use the amnesty this year, they can save it for down the road. The only thing I wiss they would have allowed was being able to trade the amnesty... that would have been interesting.

Its tough... the "knicks" trio is more balanced but the heat have the two best players. But then the heat also have the worst player of the six. Then the "knicks" would be bad defensively... but I don't know that the heat could slow down CP3.

Worst case is the heat getting battier, dalembert, and baron davis. It'd be game over.

No way Heat get Davis. The Cavs are certain to use the amnesty provision on him and with the bidding procedure for those players the Heat are unlikely to get him given their cap situation

They can't get them unless they are the highest bidder in a blind bid. Plus they don't have vthe money to bid more than the exception dollars for any one of them.

Nene, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, Jamaal Magloire, Jason Smith and Aaron Gray

Dalembert will likely be on the heat I think

say the hornets don't trade CP, could he sign a one year deal with the knicks, and then the next year sign a new max deal?

I'm interested to know where the Heat are getting all this cap room.

say the hornets don't trade CP, could he sign a one year deal with the knicks, and then the next year sign a new max deal?

A max deal with the Knicks? CP will never be able to sign a max deal with NY. Melo and Amare make 40 million a year, 10 min contracts is another 5, and the cap will be around 58 million.

The Hornets should get on the phone with the Magic. The Magic are never going to get value for Howard so they should go all in on this one season. Give NO the best offer for Paul and just make a run at it with those two and whoever else.

The cap is still soft, you can go over it to sign your own players (if youre willing to pay), hence the reason he wants the trade in the first place.

You have to spend 3 full seasons with a team to have full "Bird Rights", i.e. team being able to go over the cap to re-sign you.

He won't possibly be traded to NY, because NY has nothing to offer (picks or players). CP3 to NYC is a non-starter.

Nene, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, Jamaal Magloire, Jason Smith and Aaron Gray

exactly. The first 3 are quality players and won't take the league minimum to play with them. I doubt either of them will take the MLE

buckets is right their new C will probably be Dalembert for the MLE. He is from nearby Haiti and has basically said he wants to go to Miami. They will amnesty Miller because he needs hernia surgery and is out for 2 months already, and either sign Battier or Tayshaun Prince with that money.

Pretty good write up on the BCats contract situation. I think it is most likely they save the amnesty for next year.

New CP3 ESPN story. Basically every team in the league has called about him, and the Hornets will probably deal him before the season starts. Clippers, Warriors, Hawks, Rockets have put up the most for Paul so far. More interestingly to me the Rockets, Celtics, and Mavs would trade for Paul without an extension. Basically renting him for a year and hoping the surroundings convince him to resign. Orlando really should do that and just have one all-in run with Howard and Paul.

Back