• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

I'm surprised the Rockets are trying this. They're set up to have a ton of cap room next year if they play their cards right (i.e. not resign Chuck Hayes). The Rockets need to go big in 2012, not 2011, imo.

Holy crap. ESPN just reported that the lakers are trying to get Paul and Howard and are willing to give up anyone but Kobe.

When do we get the revised NBA schedules?

Schedule will be released tomorrow night at 7 on NBA TV.

ETA the opening day Christmas games have already been released:

Celtics at Knicks, noon on TNT
Heat at Mavs, 2:30 on ABC
Bulls at Lakers, 5 on ABC
Magic at Thunder, 8 on ESPN
Clippers at Warriors, 10:30 on ESPN

Last edited:
Holy crap. ESPN just reported that the lakers are trying to get Paul and Howard and are willing to give up anyone but Kobe.

That would be nuts. Basically the Lakers would offer Bynum and Odom to the Magic for Howard and take on Hedo's terrible contract. Then they would offer Gasol and anyone or anything else (picks) to the Hornets wanted for CP.

I doubt it happens, but it might be possible if CP and Howard talk about it and leak they will only sign an extension with the Lakers to create leverage, hurting their trade value to other teams.

That would be nuts. Basically the Lakers would offer Bynum and Odom to the Magic for Howard and take on Hedo's terrible contract. Then they would offer Gasol and anyone or anything else (picks) to the Hornets wanted for CP.

I doubt it happens, but it might be possible if CP and Howard talk about it and leak they will only sign an extension with the Lakers to create leverage, hurting their trade value to other teams.

Or better yet, even the Hornets agree that Farooq, Bledsoe, Kaman, Filler (Foye?) and the Minnesota pick is the best deal the Hornets are likely to get in exchange for CP3 and Emeka.

Next year, not sure how much Gordon's deal will count against the cap, if its only his qualifying offer, you appear to have the room to Sign Dwight Howard as a free agent, then re-up Gordon. Even if you don't land Dwight you have a contender.

You're in Salary cap hell, but you have CP3, Eric Gordon, Blake and D12 on your team. Fairly sure you are going to be a profitible organization.

Hornets aren't interest in Pau, it doesn't fit the "blow it up" strategy, and Demps is a good GM. Lakers don't have any interesting or good picks either.

This clippers scenario has a very very real shot of occurring, I just don't know enough about how Gordon will count against the cap when going to sign Dwight whether they can make it a big 4. But the clippers appear to have the perfect storm of:

1) Their contracts perfectly in line with Gordon and Blake on rookie deals to make this a reality. Its the destination the stars want

2) The location stars will want

3) The young talent stars will think can win a Championship already on the roster

4) The assets to make a trade for at least one of the superstars happen

I'm on record saying that I think locking up Clippers season tickets is a wise investment, I'm in Los Angeles so I'm considering doing just that. Worst case, I stub hub em. The upside of seeing CP3 throw lobs to the blakeshow and D12 would be absurd. And I'm just rooting for it since I know two groups that already have courtside seats, albeit bad ones.

Last edited:
Or better yet, even the Hornets agree that Farooq, Bledsoe, Kaman, Filler (Foye?) and the Minnesota pick is the best deal the Hornets are likely to get in exchange for CP3 and Emeka.

Next year, not sure how much Gordon's deal will count against the cap, if its only his qualifying offer, you appear to have the room to Sign Dwight Howard as a free agent, then re-up Gordon. Even if you don't land Dwight you have a contender.

You're in Salary cap hell, but you have CP3, Eric Gordon, Blake and D12 on your team. Fairly sure you are going to be a profitible organization.

Hornets aren't interest in Pau, it doesn't fit the "blow it up" strategy, and Demps is a good GM. Lakers don't have any interesting or good picks either.

This clippers scenario has a very very real shot of occurring, I just don't know enough about how Gordon will count against the cap when going to sign Dwight whether they can make it a big 4. But the clippers appear to have their contracts perfectly in line with Gordon and Blake on rookie deals to make this a reality. Its the destination the stars want, I'm on record saying that I think locking up Clippers season tickets is a wise investment, I'm in Los Angeles so I'm considering doing just that. Worst case, I stub hub em.

Yeah the Broussard article mentioned that the Clippers are going after both as well. If CP and Howard want to play together there it can happen as the Clips definitely have better pieces in a trade. It all goes back to the power they have in their willingness to sign an extension or not. CP has said he is open to the Clips so there is a start. You know him and Howard are plotting their moves together.

Yeah the Broussard article mentioned that the Clippers are going after both as well. If CP and Howard want to play together there it can happen as the Clips definitely have better pieces in a trade. It all goes back to the power they have in their willingness to sign an extension or not. CP has said he is open to the Clips so there is a start. You know him and Howard are plotting their moves together.

If it wasn't for Sterling it'd be a done deal. If I wanted to buy an NBA team, I'd buy the clips for a $100 million dollars over market value and make it happen.

This time the Clips will really do it and get stars over the Lakers. For real this time. This is different from the other times.

Wrong.

Not sure if posted earlier but I'm not reading 9 pages to find out.

Josh Howard is in San Antonio (as is Caron Butler) talking to the Spurs about replacing Jefferson.

Josh would be a great fit under a structured team with a demanding coach.

Josh Howard is in San Antonio (as is Caron Butler) talking to the Spurs about replacing Jefferson.

I would die to have Jho on the Spurs. That would make me so happy.

Wow, he would be such a better fit than Jefferson. I think the Spurs are looking at Prince too, who they probably prefer to Josh just because of his ability to hit the corner 3, which has always been an open shot for the Spurs in the Duncan era, from Sean Elliott to Mario Elie to Jackson to Bruce Bowen. Jefferson is the first guy they've had at the 3 who can't stick a corner 3.

Wow, he would be such a better fit than Jefferson. I think the Spurs are looking at Prince too, who they probably prefer to Josh just because of his ability to hit the corner 3, which has always been an open shot for the Spurs in the Duncan era, from Sean Elliott to Mario Elie to Jackson to Bruce Bowen. Jefferson is the first guy they've had at the 3 who can't stick a corner 3.

Prince would be another great addition.

BTW, A Tony Parker plus Tiago Splitter trade for CP3 works. I assume the Spurs could add Leonard to that pot and then the Spurs could sign Chandler???

BTW, A Tony Parker plus Tiago Splitter trade for CP3 works. I assume the Spurs could add Leonard to that pot and then the Spurs could sign Chandler???

They would need Chandler to upgrade their post defense almost as much if not more than they would need the upgrade from Parker to Paul in the immediate future. However, longterm Paul could keep the franchise relevant post-Duncan.

Bucher hearing Battier to the Heat. Not a surprise, will take Miller's spot on the roster.

Back