• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P90X

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
I know there are a few other P90X junkies on the Pit, so I figured I'd see if anyone else has started P90X-2 since its release a couple of weeks ago. My wife got it for me for Christmas so I have only done the first 2 workouts so far, but it seems pretty legit. I'm in really good shape from doing the original and its offshoots for about 2 years straight, and these first 2 workouts have been tough. Definitely more advanced than the original, with a lot more focus on balance and athleticism. However, the warm-ups and cool-downs are longer because they incorporate foam rollers for stretching. I can't tell whether that component is a scam or not, but all the other shit they've pitched generally works so I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

As an aside, Tony looks exactly the same age as the first go-round. He is allegedly 52 now and is an absolute beast.

I'm hoping to start the original up again in a few weeks. It's come to the point where I have to do something.

If I live on a second floor apartment, will I absolutely bother the crap out of my downstairs neighbors if I do P90X? I really would like to do it, but not if I'm jumping/banging all over the place.

If I live on a second floor apartment, will I absolutely bother the crap out of my downstairs neighbors if I do P90X? I really would like to do it, but not if I'm jumping/banging all over the place.

The only workout that would bother them would be plyo...perhaps you could plan that one around when they are not home (or if you do lean I don't think you do plyo...could be wrong).

Are the workout times the same?

So far, the total workout time is still just under an hour, but that includes like 15-20 minutes of the combined warm-up and cool-down stretching. They incorporate stability balls and resistance bands into the stretching, along with the foam roller. So far, you need more equipment for this version, as it also requires several medicine balls (but they have modified versions if you don't have that stuff). Luckily my in-laws needed something to get me for Christmas, so my wife had them get me the extraneous equipment that I didn't already have.

The only workout that would bother them would be plyo...perhaps you could plan that one around when they are not home (or if you do lean I don't think you do plyo...could be wrong).

Not if he "leaps like a cat" (or whatever Tony says).

Not if he "leaps like a cat" (or whatever Tony says).

I'm a lady. I can be really light on my feet, though, which is why I'm tempted to just do it.

So today's workout (#3) was for Recovery & Mobility, which involved an hour of stretching and significant use of the foam roller. I don't know yet if that thing is effective or not, but it is painful as hell. I got one that looks like a road grader with raised knobs all over it, and it felt like someone was punching me. Allegedly it is supposed to feel like that the first few times, but I'm skeptical.

@skins: one difference between this series and the original is that, excluding these recovery workouts, there are only 5 workouts per week including yoga, instead of 6. If this roller thing turns out to be BS, then I may switch the yoga to Wednesday as a midweek semi-rest workout and simply do Monday through Friday, with complete rest on the weekends.

So today's workout (#3) was for Recovery & Mobility, which involved an hour of stretching and significant use of the foam roller. I don't know yet if that thing is effective or not, but it is painful as hell. I got one that looks like a road grader with raised knobs all over it, and it felt like someone was punching me. Allegedly it is supposed to feel like that the first few times, but I'm skeptical.

@skins: one difference between this series and the original is that, excluding these recovery workouts, there are only 5 workouts per week including yoga, instead of 6. If this roller thing turns out to be BS, then I may switch the yoga to Wednesday as a midweek semi-rest workout and simply do Monday through Friday, with complete rest on the weekends.

From what I understand the Yoga is a lot shorter...correct? How is it compared to the original?

Great timing on this thread. Was just about to fire back up some p90 in January but wasn't looking forward to yet another run through the originals.

So what do I need to get? Can you link to some Amazon examples of additional equipment? I'm adding legit weights this time around as well which should be good. Got a set of the selectable ones for my birthday.

Great timing on this thread. Was just about to fire back up some p90 in January but wasn't looking forward to yet another run through the originals.

So what do I need to get? Can you link to some Amazon examples of additional equipment? I'm adding legit weights this time around as well which should be good. Got a set of the selectable ones for my birthday.

Not to much additional stuff. There are two kinds of foam rollers, the "road grader" kind like I got:

http://www.amazon.com/RumbleRoller-...QSPG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1325089967&sr=8-9

And the smooth kind:

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Molded-...LREA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1325089967&sr=8-4

You also need a stability ball (make sure you get the right size for your height):

http://www.amazon.com/TKO-Anti-Burs...2W54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325090134&sr=8-1

And at least 2 medicine balls (i've got 2 8lbs and 1 6 lb):

http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-M...JMOC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325090187&sr=8-2

Other than that, just the weights/bands and pull-up bar.

Please do. The 90 minute Yoga in the original was a killer. I often bailed at the transition point about 50 minutes in.

I think everyone did. The first half of the moving positions were the brutal ones anyway, after that it wasn't all that hard, just time consuming.

I think everyone did. The first half of the moving positions were the brutal ones anyway, after that it wasn't all that hard, just time consuming.

When I did p90x the first time I did not skip anything on any workout. However, I just finished my 2nd time through and I never did Ab Ripper and I did the first 45:00 of yoga and yoga belly 7...skipping the balance postures.

When I did p90x the first time I did not skip anything on any workout. However, I just finished my 2nd time through and I never did Ab Ripper and I did the first 45:00 of yoga and yoga belly 7...skipping the balance postures.

Man, that's impressive.

I did maybe 50% of the ab rippers and skipped the balance postures after doing them twice.

Getting psyched for the new version, just picked up a roller, balance ball and medicine balls. Muchas gracias for the Amazon links earlier 2and2.

what equipment do I need for #1?

mk. with the weights do you get the weights that are kind of hard to do lots of reps right now (15lbs) or the ones you can do pretty easily for more reps (10lbs) ? (don't judge my weights, i'm a slim lady)

Back